Home Patrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdavis0823

I am wanting to mainly listen to mesa on the apco25 system. Will the home patrol do ok for listening and if they go to hot channel will I be able to stay on that channel to listen only?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
The Home Patrol will work with this system. However, if they switch to any talk group that is encrypted, no, you will not be able to monitor them on that talk group with this or any scanner.

I am wanting to mainly listen to mesa on the apco25 system. Will the home patrol do ok for listening and if they go to hot channel will I be able to stay on that channel to listen only?

sdavis0823

I know they switch to "hot" on priority call so wasn't sure if I would get that or not. Does anyone have any feedback on this scanner?
Thanks

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I own that scanner as well. It is a good basic scanner with the database for USA and Canada on it. Good for travelling. Nice display screen. Easy to manipulate after everything is loaded in the scanner. Sound quality is fair to good depending upon the P25 system you listen to with it.

Broke my antenna within a week :( Be aware, not very strong at the bend point.

My two cents...

I know they switch to "hot" on priority call so wasn't sure if I would get that or not. Does anyone have any feedback on this scanner?
Thanks

sdavis0823

I bought the home patrol and the 100 upgrade but not happy with it I am at Lindsay and southern and cannot get mesa police at all only mesa fire dispatches and maricopa county sheriff comes in. So far not sure what to do..pretty frustrated

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

If you're getting Mesa FD, I would think that you should be getting Mesa PD.
The only thing I can think of, is FD is being carried on the Thompson Peak and/or Shaw Butte IR sites which is where you're hearing them, and PD, at least the main patrol talkgroups that are in the clear, are only being carried on the Mesa simulcast system, which, like the RWC simulcast sites, can be a trick to monitor.
You may need to invest in a directional antenna aimed at one of the simulcast sites, in order to reduce the multipath interference issues. And the best site to aim at, may not necessarily be the closest site, because another site further behind it, or a few degrees off to either side, but still in the beamwidth of your antenna, may still cause the multipath issue. It's frequently a matter of trial and error, to find the best site amongst a simulcast system to aim your antenna at.

Status
Not open for further replies.