HP-1: Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8YPC

Good evening all. I just bought a HP from the shack last week. I have it setup for the Columbus Ohio Police. Now I'm May just be a little to particular. I noticed on my other scanners when the communication was done it just waited for the unit car to respond and no problems. With this one it almost like a short squelch after they key off the mic. This normal or something I programmed wrong. Never notice on other radios. Thank you as always for your help. I appreciate it.

JamesO

Most of my Uniden radios have the squelch set at 2 bars or the #2 setting.

Also make sure this is not a "patched" channel.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A lot of repeaters continue to transmit for a second or three after the user has unkeyed their mic. When listening to repeater traffic you'll hear the dead air until the repeater transmitter shuts off. If you turn up squelch enough to eliminate the dead air, you won't hear that repeater at all.

Is your issue happening on all traffic, or just some?

phask

Premium Subscriber
CPD is a on trucked system - so previous posts regarding repeaters and squelch are incorrect. I do NOT monitor CPD except when on Cbus - mobile so have no intimate knowledge.

There are a few that frequent the forumn from CBus and are quite knowledgeable.

A lot of repeaters continue to transmit for a second or three after the user has unkeyed their mic. When listening to repeater traffic you'll hear the dead air until the repeater transmitter shuts off. If you turn up squelch enough to eliminate the dead air, you won't hear that repeater at all.

Is your issue happening on all traffic, or just some?

Status
Not open for further replies.