HP-1: Home Patrols being recalled from Radio Shack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
On a Facebook group I belong to, someone said they were in a RS store, and the manager told him that all HPs were to be sent back (to Uniden I'm assuming, he didn't specifically say to where).

I've searched the web, but didn't find any information about this. So, does anyone here have any "insider" information and know anything about this, like if it's actually true? Or, is someone just stirring the pot and pulling legs in the FB group?

Thanks.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I'll ASSUME they are talking about the 546 and the headphone issue, the stores would stop selling them till they got updated. (Assumed)

But is Radio Shack selling the 536 (and the 436)? I thought I saw UPMan say a while back that RS wouldn't be selling the new Uniden scanners. I know they're not on the RS website.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
But is Radio Shack selling the 536 (and the 436)? I thought I saw UPMan say a while back that RS wouldn't be selling the new Uniden scanners. I know they're not on the RS website.

Keep in mind a RS manager also told someone else on RR that scanners would be illegal next year. :roll:

JamesO

Assume this is all due to the fact that Radio Shack is in the toilet financially, they are going to be closing a lot of stores to try and stay afloat, but this may be too late for a solution.

They are probably pulling back high ticket merchandise that they do not want to deeply discount like the BCD996XT going out the doors for as little as $99 at some stores. Chances are they will inventory these items at a central shipping facility or move them to stores where they may likely sell from off the shelf.

Face it, hope many people walk into a store and drop more than $250 on a single item these days with all the online options?

Anyone still employed at Radio Shack is totally clueless as to what is going on in the world around them and that many may note have jobs in the next few months.

Sad to say, but the truth hurts. Radio Shack lost its market position many years ago and never found their way again.

Status
Not open for further replies.