Home schooling couple arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

FONDA (NY) -- A Montgomery County couple has been arrested on child endangerment charges for failing to
register their children with the school district as they were home-schooled, the Montgomery County Sheriff's
Office said Monday.

Richard Cressy, 47, and Margie Cressy, 41, both of the town of Glen,
never registered their four children or their home-schooling curriculum with the local school district,
said the Sheriff's Office.

Parents arrested for failing to register home-schooled kids | WRGB CBS 6 Albany

Dude111

Oh my lord.......

Kinda stupid in my opinion!! (School would worry about something worthy)

mdulrich

Premium Subscriber
I'll bet this is about $$$. If homeschooled kids are registered with the school system, I'll bet the school gets some state or federal money to "monitor" their progress.

Remember no child gets ahead, I'm sorry, no child left behind.

Mike

hoser147

I'll bet this is about $$$. If homeschooled kids are registered with the school system, I'll bet the school gets some state or federal money to "monitor" their progress.

Remember no child gets ahead, I'm sorry, no child left behind.

Mike
BINGO, I would have to agree with that Mike.......

N

N_Jay

Anyone have any info that says the money connection is true?

N

N_Jay

Why else would they care?
Who said "they" care?

The investigation was by the Sheriff due to an anonymous tip.

I just find it interesting how people jump to conclusions with no supporting information.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
My point was, what other reason would there be for that law?

Jumping to a conclusion or not, it was certainly a valid point to question if it was about money or not..

N

N_Jay

My point was, what other reason would there be for that law?
Maybe because some whiny liberal lawmaker honestly believes the local school district is a better arbitrator of curriculum than the parents?

Or, the teachers union lobbied for a whole batch of laws to make home-schooling more difficult?

Or about 100 other reasons that do not have anything to do with the district getting money.

Jumping to a conclusion or not, it was certainly a valid point to question if it was about money or not..
I did not see anyone "question" the issue, all that was here is one unknowing person jump to conclusion, and a second unknowing person jump on the jumping to conclusion bandwagon.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
He said "I'll bet" Which sounds like a question being raised to me. Had he said "This is all about money" Then you'd be right.

Anyhow, while I am sure there is a valid reason behind this, I wouldn't be shocked if money played a part somehow.

n5ims

Actually the New York State Education Law required all school age children be registered with their local school district. This registration must be done by July 1 of each year or within 14 days of moving into the district. Once registeted, their parents can choose either to enroll them in either the public school, private school, or home school. The local school district is simply charged with making sure that each child in their district is educated according to state law.

District comments on 12/5 school news - FFCSD, Fonda, NY

N

N_Jay

He said "I'll bet" Which sounds like a question being raised to me.
I interpret "I bet" as "I am willing to put my money where my mouth is" so to speak.

In other words, "I am confident".

As for "BINGO", that I take as meaning, "I have the card in front of me, and all the necessary boxes have been checked", so to speak.

In other words, "I have the information and am sure".

Sorry if I misinterpreted the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.