Home shack and mobile '99 Camry shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewC75

Each photo is clickable and links to a high-resolution 5 megapixel version.

Radios pictured from left to right:
  • BCD396T (top) - owned by community at ScanCobb.com. Provides South/West feed.
  • BCD996T (bottom) - owned by community at ScanCobb.com. Provides North/East feed.
  • Pro-83 with discriminator tap (for UniTrunker)
  • Pro-95 (for sale!)
  • BCD396T (mine)
  • Magnavox D2999 HF receiver (150 Khz - 30 Mhz + FM Broadcast)
The "shack":

The desk:

The computer that provides the ScanCobb.com feeds (left) and DSL modem topped by wireless router (right):

Here's the setup in my car. From top: BCD996T, JVC KD-G120 stereo, XAct Replay SIRIUS radio, 3 outlet cigarette plug adapter (with Blackberry charger plugged in), Uniden external speaker.

And from the outside. Larsen NMO150/450/800 triband scanner antenna (hole mounted on roof) and SIRIUS satellite radio antenna (mag-mounted on trunk).

Last edited:

HST_Gonzo

I was curious to see what a Satellite Radio/scanner setup would look like. Do you run the Sirius audio through the FM Mod, or is there another setup? I have a Roady XT (XM) that I run through the built-in FM Modulator through the stock stereo (not stock for long if things go right) and would like to incorporate a scanner (not yet purchased) into the system and run both the stereo audio an scanner audio through the speakers in the car.

AndrewC75

I tried to use the built-in FM modulator, but it just sucked. Terrible static even on a clear channel. Sirius sells an adapter that plugs into an "FM Out" jack on the satellite receiver and runs to the antenna input on the stereo. It has a relay built-in that cuts the antenna input to the stereo when the Sirius unit is powered on and replaces it with the FM modulator signal from the Sirius radio. Works wonderfully.

Here it is at Crutchfield. I picked mine up at BestBuy.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nice radios. Way to have UniTrunker set up. That looks like a smooth tap mod you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.