Home shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

This is the latest incarnation of my little shack.

eMachines Laptop running Windows 7
Dell tower computer running Windows XP (runs scanner streaming software and TwoToneDetect)
Dell Optiplex small form factor (not pictured, runs feed for an incident paging company)
Radio Shack Pro-163 analog trunking scanner (streams RR feed "Lower Bucks County Fire")
Radio Shack Pro-2096 digital trunking scanner (scans the Philly region)
Uniden BCD-996T digital trunking scanner (runs feed for an incident paging company)
Radio Shack Pro-96 digital trunking scanner (for on the road)
Wouxun KG-UV2D dual band handheld with external speaker mic
Antenna system is made up of several 1/4 wave mobile antennas mounted on a 2nd floor AC unit (1 of which runs through an inline amplifier).

Attachments

phillydjdan

Ok, so here's an update to my shack. I now have the following equipment:

eMachines Laptop running Windows 7
Custom built Home Theater PC (some specs include quad core AMD proc & 1 TB hard drive) running Windows XP (Lower Bucks Fire feed runs off of it)
Dell Optiplex small form factor (runs feed for incident paging company)

Motorola CDM-750 mobile (provides audio for the Lower Bucks Fire feed)
Motorola MCS-2000 UHF (scans UHF channels in the Philadelphia region)
Motorola MCS-2000 VHF (scans VHF channels in the Philadelphia region)
Uniden BCD996T (provides audio for incident paging company's feed)
Radio Shack Pro-2055 (actually a Pro-163 with a Pro-2055 faceplate)(scans Philadelphia region)
GRE PSR-800 (exclusively scans and records the Philadelphia Fire Dept)
Wouxun KG-UV2D (misc use)

The new antenna system consists of:
Dual band base antenna mounted on roof (connected to the MCS-2000s and CDM-750 using a mini duplexer and a splitter)
UHF base antenna mounted on the roof (connected to the BCD996T and Pro-2055, with a GRE Super Amplifier inline)
800 MHz mobile antenna mounted on a 2nd floor air conditioner (connected to the PSR-800)

Attachments

Fred1

Shack set up

Nice, the mcs 2000 is a good radio. I use one in my work truck. We also use mts2000 ht's

Rob1956

Premium Subscriber
Do you find that the OptiPlex sucks up a lot of electricity? I was using one for my feed last year, and it added about $38 a month to my electric bill. The transformer brick for that unit is literally the size of a brick! I switched to a netbook. The brick is about the size of a pack of gum.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SCH-R720 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Since i dont pay for my electricity (landlord does) i havent taken notice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.