Home Sweet Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
For real?! That is so cool.Do you have any good frequencies ya listen to for Air Force or are they Encrypted?

The MilAir traffic is crazy busy around here. There are some encrypted frequencies, but at least 90% of them are "in the green" (what the military calls unencrypted communications). Great Air to Air combat training on VHF and UHF AM. These men and women take there training very seriously. I have a huge list that has been compiled over the years. They even use low band!

It is great to hear both sides of the combat training. One group will be on a VHF AM frequency, and the guys they are dogfighting are on a UHF AM frequency. Then there are the trainers that are watching the whole thing and they have their own UHF AM frequency. (I have heard some pretty funny stuff and colorful words from them). I have one of my BC898T scanners dedicated to just Military Aircraft Operations.

Private Message me with your email address and I will send you the list if you would like.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
Are those 5, black speakers on your top two shelves, next to your mobile scanners? If so, which type are they?

I am in the process of "remodeling" my shack and would like some nice, smaller speakers to run off of my various scanners & transceivers. The Uniden BC-20s' are too large for the space I am trying to fit everything into. Great setup by the way!

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Are those 5, black speakers on your top two shelves, next to your mobile scanners? If so, which type are they?

I am in the process of "remodeling" my shack and would like some nice, smaller speakers to run off of my various scanners & transceivers. The Uniden BC-20s' are too large for the space I am trying to fit everything into. Great setup by the way!

Good eye, yes those are 5 black speakers on the top two shelves. I found them on eBay a year or so ago. They are the SH2P4 mini external speakers. For the price, they work very well.

Here is a link:

CB Radio New Mini External Speaker SH2P4 Mobile Police Scanner Ham Extension | eBay

Thanks for the good words on my setup.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Thank you. You have a nice clean shack also, great collection of radios. I really like what you did with your HomePatrol 1, the black faceplate looks outstanding.

Thanks for the kind words. Those are older pictures however. I recently moved and am almost finished with my new setup. Will be posting some newer pictures soon.

:)

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
The white radio/scanner on top of the bookcase at the front right corner, what radio/scanner is this?

photoguy2

Nice shack. I love the 3 scanner/speaker stand. I may try that but with three mobiles and three mics.

In the first picture. Is the black thing on the left a safe, or a fridge for beer? ;-)

The TRI PRC-152. What is you impression of it's ruggedness? I am looking for a replacement for my ruggedized submersible saber, and I would love to have it be dual band, and FFP. I however do not want to spend the money for a apx7000. Would you be comfortable taking it say, somewhere where you would take you 3000R? Do you think it is really waterproof like they claim?

Thanks

Matt

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Nice shack. I love the 3 scanner/speaker stand. I may try that but with three mobiles and three mics.

In the first picture. Is the black thing on the left a safe, or a fridge for beer? ;-)

The TRI PRC-152. What is you impression of it's ruggedness? I am looking for a replacement for my ruggedized submersible saber, and I would love to have it be dual band, and FFP. I however do not want to spend the money for a apx7000. Would you be comfortable taking it say, somewhere where you would take you 3000R? Do you think it is really waterproof like they claim?

Thanks

Matt

Thanks Matt. I don't think the ruggedness of the TRI PRC-152 is that great. Yes, we could use it in the rain and it would work, but it doesn't have the feel of the XTS3000R. I would not trust it in any public safety application.

It is also a very large radio and difficult to carry. I mainly use it for GMRS as a base camp radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.