if i recall about the satellites ...
like 1500 mhz
and about 40 khz wide signal
water vapor and ir every 4 hours
sorry weather is not my hobby
ok i went and checked 1698 mhx,1702.5mhz,1707mhz

Last edited:

KG4EMJ

Davis VP2 is the best station for the money hands down. I got mine brand new for $395 via eBay. It's been flawless for seven years now without even a battery change. I added the fan aspirator and summer readings are spot-on now too.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Acurite weather station

EDIT, literally as I am typing this, my system refreshed and is working properly.

I recently purchased the ACULINK for my AcuRite outdoor weather station. I set up the bridge on the website but it is only reading the barometric pressure from my unit. my in home screen displays all the information. It's also recognizing my unit in the backyard as just a barometric pressure bridge. anyone have this problem or use the same set?

thanks!

ridgescan

Davis VP2 is the best station for the money hands down. I got mine brand new for $395 via eBay. It's been flawless for seven years now without even a battery change. I added the fan aspirator and summer readings are spot-on now too.
Do you at least eyeball those batteries for leakage? I don't even trust Duracell anymore.

XTS3000

I only use Energizer Lithium AA's in my outdoor sensors. They never leak, work at very low temps, and last forever. A win win win situation.

Skywatch1

New to the community but not to weather stations. I have several units with me right now.

LaCrosse, Fine Offset (Ambient and Tycon) Davis, Vintage Taylor, some Maximum and Downeaster.

I have a Davis Vantage Pro2+ and leaf/soil station as well as temperature and humidity from a Vue down the street. All running on Weather Display software along with 2 live WX cameras. All submitting to Wunderground, CWOP, etc.

Also, I get my Davis equipment from here, https://www.scaledinstruments.com/discount-price-list/

KJ6HCB

New to the community but not to weather stations. I have several units with me right now.

LaCrosse, Fine Offset (Ambient and Tycon) Davis, Vintage Taylor, some Maximum and Downeaster.

I have a Davis Vantage Pro2+ and leaf/soil station as well as temperature and humidity from a Vue down the street. All running on Weather Display software along with 2 live WX cameras. All submitting to Wunderground, CWOP, etc.

Also, I get my Davis equipment from here, https://www.scaledinstruments.com/discount-price-list/

Interested to know more! If you were to purchase a nice, quality weather station, say budget of $500 or so, to connect to the Net and WeatherUnderground, which system would it be?

Skywatch1

The Vantage Pro2 and WeatherLink can be had for just under 500$ if you buy from the link.

Weather Link software included with the logger and interface is pretty generic. Has support for the Internet stuff. I recommend a 3rd party software. Weather Display (70$) or Cumulus (free but not as fully featured) Both programs have better support for Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.