Homebrew antenna question..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROY_PICKETT

I seen the homebrew off-center fed dipole in the antenna wikki and was wondering bands is it for? I have a bc246t and want a wide band antenna for it.. We mainly scan frequencies in the 42.00 to 162.00 ranage , but do have some higher then that..Will this one work. Thanks Roy

RocketMan1

Thanks to that GREAT thread and easy step by step instructions I was inspired to build one myself, and as Kokomo1 said it works great in that range, but I did find out it doesn't work very well in the 800Mhz range, at least the one I built didn't, but I "might" have a solution to that (stand by for details later).

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
As long as this thread is going for home construction projects, I'd just like tp mention one that we did a couple years ago for GMRS.

Using a Larsen LM-UHF 5.6 DB gain mobile antenna and mount, we secured an "L" bracket and u-bolt to the underside center of a 15 inch diameter heavy commercial grade stainless (reusable) pizza pan and punched a 5/8 inch hole in the center for the mount. This gives an excellent ground plate for radiation angle and the performance is on a par with commercial antennas of the same gain rating. Ours is mounted on a 1 1/2 inch mast 19 feet above the roof line and we can hit a repeater 85 miles away using a 25 watt Kenwood TK-863G. Now, If we could just RF cook the pizza up there a little quicker.....(LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.