Homeland security FPS- Craven County

Status
Not open for further replies.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Today 6/23/17 at 10:05 AM I was on US 17 S. headed to New Bern to do work. Four homeland security federal protection service SUV type vehicles passed me doing about 80 mph. About an hour and a half later I saw all four vehicles along with other federal vehicles at the Social Security office in New Bern. I parked less than one block away. I received some traffic on 170.1 and 408.2 NAC 201. All the traffic was encrypted. Channel 12 news was there. Later I found out it was all about a suspicious package that was found. I am all over Eastern North Carolina and it never seen the federal protection service police SUV vehicles. Does anybody know if there is a branch office in eastern North Carolina. I'm very curious as to where they came out of?

ecps92

408.2000 was the FPS traffic
the 170.1000 was likely unrelated, from ICE
Today 6/23/17 at 10:05 AM I was on US 17 S. headed to New Bern to do work. Four homeland security federal protection service SUV type vehicles passed me doing about 80 mph. About an hour and a half later I saw all four vehicles along with other federal vehicles at the Social Security office in New Bern. I parked less than one block away. I received some traffic on 170.1 and 408.2 NAC 201. All the traffic was encrypted. Channel 12 news was there. Later I found out it was all about a suspicious package that was found. I am all over Eastern North Carolina and it never seen the federal protection service police SUV vehicles. Does anybody know if there is a branch office in eastern North Carolina. I'm very curious as to where they came out of?

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Yes I see that they are out of Atlanta. But according to the news the package was supposedly found around 10 AM I think. I know I saw these four trucks racing down US 17 between 1005 and 10:10 AM. There's no way these trucks came from Atlanta. There must be a satellite office or something around this area I guess it must be secretive.

ecps92

They likely have a good presence in the area, due to the major Federal Building in New Bern
Altho it is a Post Office and Court House, security is likely shared with the FPS as it is in most areas.

Listening to 408.2000 will help you ID many of the areas they cover.

Here in New England we regularly hear officers signing on in the am, and enroute to xxx city or xxx bldg
Yes I see that they are out of Atlanta. But according to the news the package was supposedly found around 10 AM I think. I know I saw these four trucks racing down US 17 between 1005 and 10:10 AM. There's no way these trucks came from Atlanta. There must be a satellite office or something around this area I guess it must be secretive.

GamecockSJ

I've seen them in Greenville around the bankruptcy court and federal courthouse. Greenville has an FBI office tucked away in the medical district. It's off WH Smith Blvd behind Miller Motte College. They might be based out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.