HomePatrol-1 Extreme Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
There are a few nice upgrades / updates. Some of them seem pointless in a devise that is not very portable. They would better serve the XT.

I guess the next question will be what is the cost, I hope it is not rediculous! And does any of it work? It will be a real downer if it's riddled with bugs and requires endless patches. Knowing many in UPMan's inner circle, that are died in the wool Uniden fans, I wonder how objective the field trials are. As I have said before, my comments are backed by running multiple units on hundreds of systems on a weekly basis.

I really do want to like the HP1..........

wise871

Database Admin
I look forward to the updates & upgrades. The best part is it’s not another new scanner release. I plan on getting all the updates/upgrades since I have the HP-1 in my vehicle and being able to try out the new features on the road will allow me to quickly discover and verify new systems & channels.
Thanks Uniden

brandon

Database Admin
This is what has my interest.

458525.jpg

Now I can free up a computer :D

Viper43

There are a few nice upgrades / updates. Some of them seem pointless in a devise that is not very portable. They would better serve the XT.

Not portable? I take it wherever I go, it's portable, so it dosen't have a belt clip, there are ways around that! And an extra set of batteries isn't hard to come by either. It's just as portable as my 396XT, and in fact a whole lot less obvious the way I carry it. It fits nicely in my back pocket and with an earphone no one else hears it.
I'm actually getting a friend to make a case for it and it will have a space for extra batteries too.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Viper I don't have a belt clip on a single unit I own. I don't want to carry the silly stand around so it sits up on a hotel desk. The antenne is in a ridiculous spot. The audio is poor at best in high noise areas. And it is not very user friendly on the fly to alter.

The 500 / XT is portable, the 600 / 796 is a base and or mobile. The HP is only practical as a base.

TedRHayes

The Updates and the Upgrades look good. It looks like many of the best suggestions have been taken to heart. It's taken a while, but I'd rather have it right then rushed with many issues.

No scanner is perfect - users will always want faster scans, better range, better priority schemes, quicker updates, more automatic features, more user control/adaptability, . . . The HP-1 has gone a long way towards improving the hobby. The new updates/upgrades should further the progress.

Look forward to the release - hope my HP-1 is back from Uniden Repair with an operable GPS port well before the release occurs.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Ok, since we are moving from the realm of speculation to reality, I'm starting a new thread. Lets start things rolling with a little video.

YouTube Announcement

Were do I find the additional videos about the additional features???

I just gave a presentation at work today about scanners that could be used as a technical tool in LMR maintenance and I recommended the 396XT but I excluded the HP-1 becasue it lacked things that you're now saying it has!!!

I need more info on the following:

-edacs lcn finder – is this for ltr systems only or all edacs?

-trunk system analyzer – what exactly does it show for channel grants and affiliations and what else does it show and what does the log format look like?

-channel activity analyzer – what is this for, conventional or trunking or both and what does it do?

-RF power plot – see signal strength (good for direction finding)?

And, maybe you could do this before maybe not, can you use HP-1 with stand alone computer to connect to Pro96Com if you want to?

Please reply UpMan or anyone in the know!

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Highpockets

Some excellent features are being added, but, my next scanner will have to be able to monitor TDMA and since the HP-1 needs (required new hardware) I guess I won't have one on my desk. My next unit will have to be a desk top and not depend on RR database (at all). Although it's tempting with the new additions. You have to give credit where credit is due. You can smile UPMan! :D

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
I need more info on the following:

-edacs lcn finder – is this for ltr systems only or all edacs?
EDACS and LTR. Both.
-trunk system analyzer – what exactly does it show for channel grants and affiliations and what else does it show and what does the log format look like?
You will have to see some photos of it in action.
-channel activity analyzer – what is this for, conventional or trunking or both and what does it do?
Tracks Traffic on TRS's Voice Channels.
-RF power plot – see signal strength (good for direction finding)?
Maybe.
And, maybe you could do this before maybe not, can you use HP-1 with stand alone computer to connect to Pro96Com if you want to?
More to be revealed.

Dave L.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Were do I find the additional videos about the additional features???
I've recorded the intros and outros for each clip, but won't be able to record the "meat" for the detailed videos until next week. Really only got the functional test firmware recently, and we're still tweaking out some of the features. Goal is to only have to record each segment once, if possible (and also to make sure we demonstrate what we'll actually be delivering).

WouffHong

Older radio updates question...

To clarify, the updates are free. The upgrade (major, major feature additions) is what will have a price tag attached.

(Actually, even with the update, you get some pretty significant features additions.)

I have not updated my BCT15 and 996T in a year for valid reasons, but can i still do so, Paul?

Tom

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
This is what has my interest.

458525.jpg

Now I can free up a computer :D

WOW! That is cool! :cool: Can't wait to see it in action. Great feature set even for an update, let alone a upgrade.

Cheaper than a new radio, unless you need one for the mobile too. :lol:

Nice work Uniden!

Status
Not open for further replies.