HomePatrol-1 Extreme Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
All looks great but I'm sure many of us are wondering about the price. Will the upgrade be one complete package or individual selections for the user? I can’t see the upgrade being to extreme seeing it’s already a $500+ scanner. I hope Uniden keeps it reasonable.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
This upgrade will be a single purchase. Sorry about the delay in announcing the pricing. We are working on several scenarios and just couldn't resolve everything today. But, I didn't want to hold up the detailed feature list and screen shots so opted to go ahead and release that part, now.

mitbr

Is it too late to request a change in the nag screen to charge the batteries like maybe remove it and improving the battery indicator function?
Tim

BearMan54

Well, couldn't help myself after checking it all new cool stuff on the HomePatrol......!!
I pulled the trigger & gave Scanner Master a shout & ordered a HP-1 couple hours ago.....
Now, that dang waitin' game starts.....!

Last edited by a moderator:

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I saw it mentioned... but what about "priority" TGs or channels.
Might that be part of the update ?

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Will the upgrade be a part of the scanner if it is made after the update comes out and will it up the price of the scanner?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
the paid update will be extra on top of the price you pay at the store....
not sure if the free update will be included from the factory in future radios, or just user added

Will the upgrade be a part of the scanner if it is made after the update comes out and will it up the price of the scanner?

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the home patrol web site is down at this time .

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

Hey Don, UPMan said earlier:

To clarify, the updates are free. The upgrade (major, major feature additions) is what will have a price tag attached.

(Actually, even with the update, you get some pretty significant features additions.)

My educated guess would be that the Updates would come pre-installed in the scanner no cost but the "Extreme Upgrades" could still be purchased after the radio is purchased.
Marshall KE4ZNR

wise871

Database Admin
The update comes at a good time for me. I just setup my desk where I can now use the HomePatrol when I don't have it installed in my vehicle. With the new upgrades I’ll be getting a lot more indoor use out of it and even more when on the road.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I believe "Upman" stated in a post early in this thread that "new HP-1 scanners sold after about August17 would include the new upgrade but not the "pay for" upgrade which will be purchased from Uniden as a "key"....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I believe "Upman" stated in a post early in this thread that "new HP-1 scanners sold after about August17 would include the new upgrade but not the "pay for" upgrade which will be purchased from Uniden as a "key"....

That would be accurate :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually, units manufactured after mid-August will have the update. However, those probably won't arrive in the US until some time in September (plus, we do normally have some inventory on hand). So, some time in September or October, units will start being sold that are factory pre-loaded with the update (but not activated for the upgrade).

Glad I didn't glance at my phone during dinner. I would have seen reports of the site being down and left some good food on the table. Don't know what was going on, but fortunately it seems OK, now.

wise871

Database Admin
Unless I missed it, I didn’t read anything on how the Upgrade process will work or if it’s even decided yet. I just hope it’s not as cumbersome as the other Unidens like the 396T/996T etc when there was the possibility of pay upgrades. The whole ESN process blows. :p

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There's already an ESN programmed in to the HomePatrol. The 396/996 never had an ESN until "the whole process" put one in them.

So it stands to reason that a pay update will be as simple as updating the firmware (just powering on the scanner, loading the file, and restarting it).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We will post a new version of Sentinel on our twiki site. Once installed, if you select "Update Firmware" the update will be applied to your HomePatrol-1.

If you opt to purchase an upgrade, during purchase you will be asked for the Electronic Serial Number of your HomePatrol-1. After the purchase processes, you will get a key specific to your HomePatrol-1 that you will enter into the HomePatrol-1 to unlock the upgrade features.

Status
Not open for further replies.