HomePatrol-1 New Update - Questions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka9rxk

I successfully updated my HomePatrol-1 and am now trying to figure out how to use the following 2 new features:

1. Add the ability to customize the opening, owner information, and standby mode graphics.

2. Added an option to quickly save a found CTCSS/DCS tone to a channel.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I successfully updated my HomePatrol-1 and am now trying to figure out how to use the following 2 new features:

1. Add the ability to customize the opening, owner information, and standby mode graphics.

1) Hit menu then owner information then enter info.

OCO

Partial answer to (1) - the key word is "graphics".. Note that on the HP1 MicroSd card are now two .bmp files, Opening.bmp and Owner_info.bmp. They are the backgroundsnto those screens. These are editable with Paint. I can't find a graphic for the standby mode yet.. I haven't run any discovery mode ops yet, can't speak to (2)...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
From info I had around:

You can now change the opening screen graphic and owner info graphic by replacing "Opening.bmp" or "Owner_information.bmp" with your own picture. The picture must be:
320x240 pixels. Color depth can be 8, 16, or 24-bit. It must be a "bmp" and not jpg or png or some other format.

Don't ask me if it works or not because I have not done it myself.
But anyone is more than welcome to try and report back on how it works. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
1) Hit menu then owner information then enter info.

That will change the "Owner Information" text, but there is no option there to change the graphic as the OP was asking.

The posts above from OCO and KE4ZNR are correct, just edit or replace those BMP files as per the size and other requirements, and it does work.

I can't find where the standby mode graphic is yet either, and I'm going to try to save a found CTCSS/DCS tone to a channel later on.

Last edited:

OCO

From info I had around:

Don't ask me if it works or not because I have not done it myself.
But anyone is more than welcome to try and report back on how it works. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

It works......still can't find the Standby graphic.

I'd rather have had that code space used in a routine to display Site ID on the main screen as an alternate to UID..but I'm still happy with what I've got...:)

del1964

Premium Subscriber
It works......still can't find the Standby graphic.

I'd rather have had that code space used in a routine to display Site ID on the main screen as an alternate to UID..but I'm still happy with what I've got...:)
Site ID would be very nice.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Has anybody found where to change or customize the Home Patrol "Standby" graphic yet as per the new firmware description?

"1. Add the ability to customize the opening, owner information, and standby mode graphics."

The "Opening" and "Owner_information" graphics were very easy to find and customize, but I still can't find the "Standby" graphic.

Anyone else spot it yet?

OCO

Has anybody found where to change or customize the Home Patrol "Standby" graphic yet as per the new firmware description?

"1. Add the ability to customize the opening, owner information, and standby mode graphics."

The "Opening" and "Owner_information" graphics were very easy to find and customize, but I still can't find the "Standby" graphic.

Anyone else spot it yet?

Yup - the clock and weather standby background graphics are the same as the owner graphic.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yup - the clock and weather standby background graphics are the same as the owner graphic.

Thanks, Just checked that... I hadn't used the clock standby yet and the owner graphic does indeed show up as the background there, but it doesn't show as the weather standby background - at least not on mine anyway...

OCO

Well, wrong again.. the Weather Standby background apparently does not use that owner_information.bmp .. The test .bmp I used had just some text towards the center of the box, I thought the foreground weather information was covering it.. How about it UPMan? Is there a .bmp for the weather standby background? ( I really can live without it....:) )

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well, wrong again.. the Weather Standby background apparently does not use that owner_information.bmp .. The test .bmp I used had just some text towards the center of the box, I thought the foreground weather information was covering it.. How about it UPMan? Is there a .bmp for the weather standby background? ( I really can live without it....:) )

Yep, I can live without it too! It's just that curiosity thing!

Incidentally, if anyone wants both of the original .bmp files back again, and you didn't save them somewhere, all you have to do is DELETE your customized .bmp's from the SD card, and when you disconnect the cable and reboot, the firmware will re-write both original graphics back to where they were.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
I run standard HP1 mobile, no extreme. Site ID would be nice if it showed the site name from the DB. may be a bit much to do though...On my wish list.
Thanks
Harry

OCO

Site ID is visible on the Trunked System Analyzer / Activity Log screen. Not terribly convenient but it's there.

It's available from the System line when you put that on hold also (System-->Advanced-->Site Information), but it kills the audio.

UID isn't always a big deal to me, but when I'm listening to a statewide system
it'd be helpful at times to know which sites I'm getting the traffic from..

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
It's available from the System line when you put that on hold also (System-->Advanced-->Site Information), but it kills the audio.

UID isn't always a big deal to me, but when I'm listening to a statewide system
it'd be helpful at times to know which sites I'm getting the traffic from..

Thats how I see it now when interested in seeing site...too much like texting and driving!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'd like to see Site "Alias" on Motorola Omnilink sites also. Each site has it's own 9 character label.

spooney

Site ID would be very nice.

I have set up favorites list for the Safe-T sites in my area. Example:" Site 428 Henderson,Ky." I made this the title of my favorites list and it appears on the second line of the top system info line. Since I listen to several sites at one time it makes it nice to see what site i'm receiving at a glance.

OCO

I have set up favorites list for the Safe-T sites in my area. Example:" Site 428 Henderson,Ky." I made this the title of my favorites list and it appears on the second line of the top system info line. Since I listen to several sites at one time it makes it nice to see what site i'm receiving at a glance.
How are you associating the separate tower sites on a TRS to a single system label? Multiple Favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.