Homepatrol 1 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

I have not done anything wrong with it I have put in the right batterys .I have used the right plug .But it just went out last night . I did reset it .The screen did blink for one sec and then did nothing . Does anyone have any idea what could have happen . I have not done anything that could have fried it I don't think .

dlaforett

Premium Subscriber
i had the same thing happen to mine i just removed any power source including batteries waited an hour put batteries in turned on power and it worked

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried either a different memory card, or else formatting the one you have, using the "clear user data" in Sentinel, & thendownloading the database and favorite lists to the scanner? A corrupted card could cause this, even thyough you are not seeing any specific error messages. At the least, it's something that you can try at little or no cost.

Soundman

Thanks for the response back . No go . Man it pisses me off it was working just fine and it just went out . I have several scanner and I have never had a problem like this . If I can't figer out the problem I will just put it up on ebay for parts and get something for it .If I sent it to uniden I will lose money .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response back . No go . Man it pisses me off it was working just fine and it just went out . I have several scanner and I have never had a problem like this . If I can't figer out the problem I will just put it up on ebay for parts and get something for it .If I sent it to uniden I will lose money .

Try this.....

With the scanner off, remove the batteries, and then remove the SD card from the scanner (under the batteries) and leave it out.

Put the batteries back in (be sure batteries are charged) and power on the scanner (NOT connected to your computer). If the SD card error appears on the screen and stays there for 10-12 seconds before the scanner shuts down... you definitely have a bad SD card - a common and very easy to fix situation.

Soundman

I tried to put in a new sds card but it did not work . Do I need to do something to the card to make it work ?

jimbrogers

Premium Subscriber
Did you format the card in Windows and then place in scanner.
I saw something on the internet about some users with the same issues as you and formatted the card in windows first.

Soundman

Thanks for the response back guys . I have tried the card thing and nothing . I even tried the card from my 536hp and that did not work . I was going to open it up to look at it but the dang screws are so tight . Do you think it a good idea to send it into uniden to get it fix .I was just getting ready to sell that scanner to . Thanks for the help all .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response back guys . I have tried the card thing and nothing . I even tried the card from my 536hp and that did not work . I was going to open it up to look at it but the dang screws are so tight . Do you think it a good idea to send it into uniden to get it fix .I was just getting ready to sell that scanner to . Thanks for the help all .

Did you use the "clear user data" function in the Home Patrol version of Sentinel on the 536HP card after you took it out of the 536HP? If you just took the card out of the 536HP and put it into the Home Patrol, it isn't going to work. That card won't have any of the files on it that the Home Patrol needs to boot up.

Soundman

I can't do anything with the sentinel the unit will not turn on . I have tried to turn it on without the card no go. The card was not from the 536hp.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
After formatting the card, you need to do a Clear User Data using the HomePatrol Sentinel, not the one for the 536.
I can't do anything with the sentinel the unit will not turn on . I have tried to turn it on without the card no go. The card was not from the 536hp.

The operations referred to above take place on a computer running Uniden HomePatrol Sentinel Software not the unit that won't turn on..

You format the card..
Then open sentinel (presumably on the computer that was just used to format the card) and from the menu in Sentinel HomePatrol Program you select "Scanner" and from the drop down list you select "Clear User Data" and perform the operation on the newly formatted/or another used card. (Note: Sentinel BCDx36HP "which is used for the 536" is not the same program and won't work for the HomePatrol SD card)

Until both steps are successfully performed.. The card won't be recognized by the scanner.. Whether it's a good radio or defective..

Best to try the steps above before returning the unit..

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you have a card reader in your computer? If so, do a Clear User Data in the card reader using HomePatrol Sentinel before placing it in the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.