HP-1: HomePatrol-1 Official Digital Performance Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We continue to study the various factors that cause some systems to work better on one firmware version vs. another. To that end, it would be helpful if you could report system performance results on the following form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V7QP7rlsWrut_1HU_6G49saHNuwy24W_nZvZe3cefvo/edit?usp=sharing

We are aware of the long hang time using v2.05.xx and will address this. But, we want to also address other digital performance issues at the same time. Please report only the digital decode performance, not the long hang or pop issues (separate matters we already know about).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Whoever tried to put in info and instead wiped out the headings, please try again. For the "System" be sure to copy/paste the RadioReference database link to the system. This removes all ambiguity as to what system you are reporting on. I've now locked those cells so that they cannot be accidentally modified. I may periodically lock out cells as you enter information to prevent your entry from being accidentally (or intentionally, but who would do that?) scrubbed by another person.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
All: I'm looking for both good and bad reports.

Also, if you don't assign a merit, your report is useless...

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Boise Idaho P-25

Our local P-25 systems sound perfect on my HP-2 no issues at all nice clean audio

30 mile reception in mobile on Laird dual band low profile antenna on a Diamond lip mount

2014 Subaru Outback

John

beischel

Still Poor Reception with Cincinnati/Hamilton County (Ohio) System

I have been having this issue for years. Still horrible decode with the P25 system in Hamilton County/Cincinnati. While some firmware upgrade were better than others, it still has no comparison with the GRE Scanners. With the Uniden HP-1, it is broken audio 90% of the time.

DewayneC

I live in NC and have a HP-1, actually my second because I sent the other one back a couple times and they sent another. This new scanner is no better and I don't know why, the county and the Highway Patrol both on p-25 and it is just garbled audio, at least most of the time, I mean I can't even understand it. I have tried antennas, programming, connectors and no luck. It actually sounds like the speaker is busted but I know it's not , sounds like the audio is over loading the radio and can't get out, can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.