HP-1: Homepatrol 1 stopped working

GumbyCT

My Homepatrol 1 stopped working.
So I'm wondering is it worth getting it fixed?
Or are there things I can check?
The problem is there is nothing on the display - it is dark. Batteries are good - have been checked, charged, and changed - no change in problem.
Will get the "Start Charging Battery" message after pressing and holding the power ON button. That appears to show that switch is working.
After selecting "YES" the screen goes dark.

This all just happened out of the blue -- Thoughts?

RMason

Premium Subscriber
What happens if you remove the batteries and run off of ac adapter only?

Similarly, what happens when you unplug ac adapter and run on batteries only?

GumbyCT

What happens if you remove the batteries and run off of ac adapter only?

Similarly, what happens when you unplug ac adapter and run on batteries only?
I have tried that almost every time I try to power it on == Same Same == Dark screen.

Ubbe

Try reloading the firmware. Unpack the zip and put the .scn file in firmware folder in the SD card and when powering on the HP-1 it should start to load it. If the display doesn't say anything about the upgrade then wait and after 2-3 minutes it should reboot with a power on chirp.

/Ubbe

GumbyCT

Try reloading the firmware. Unpack the zip and put the .scn file in firmware folder in the SD card and when powering on the HP-1 it should start to load it. If the display doesn't say anything about the upgrade then wait and after 2-3 minutes it should reboot with a power on chirp.

/Ubbe
OK that did it. I didn't see this reply this AM so just got to it and it worked. TY for the zip - I followed your directions above and when I saw this message I knew it was working. Any guess why this happens?

Attachments

• 20230420_204155_resized.jpg
    20230420_204155_resized.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 8