HomePatrol-1 v2.04.01 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLou

Has anyone actually called Uniden about 2.04.01 problems? If so, what did they say?

No, but it's sure clear that Uniden and UPMan are ignoring it on RR. Not a peep out of him since it was first reported.

D

DaveNF2G

Probably because the so called problems are location and system specific. There is nothing "wrong" with the update. It addresses many but not all of the problems people are having scanning certain systems.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Probably because the so called problems are location and system specific. There is nothing "wrong" with the update. It addresses many but not all of the problems people are having scanning certain systems.

I don't normally reply to post just "This", but: This.

JustLou

I call it a problem when the scanner no longer works on one system, to fix an issue on another system.

kb8rvp

I agree that there may not be anything wrong with the update. And because of the way simulcast systems are setup that one update is not going to work for everyong at every location on every system, but what is interesting is that the update for the 996XT and 396XT both work on the Genesee County Michigan simulcast system but the update for the HomePatrol did not... Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Mike

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Old resurrection, but this update (which sential did automatically when I reinstalled the new computer) killed the digital audio on two VHF Phase 1 systems. Worked great earlier today, now getting garbled audio freqently. No, its not a range issue as it parks on the site about 1 mile from the house. No, its not a tranistant state as my APX radio from work next to it does not experience the same audio issues on the same site on the same talkgroup(s).

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to add... the 800 P25 P1 system seems to work/sound just fine, the VHF systems seem to have more of the issue for those still troubleshooting.

bgodlen84

I am using two scanners fed by one antenna. I have a homepatrol and a pro 96. For some reason the pro 96 has better audio quality with less static and better digital reception as well. The pro 96 also picks up transmissions much much faster. They are both scanning the same amount of frequencies. I am not understanding why I am having these issues. The homepatrol is a fantastic tool and scanner but my pro 96 is scanning circles around the home patrol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

bgodlen84

up i'm trying to figure out what you mean by db and your previous method that you mention

Db is short for data base. If you click on the update drop down in sentinel it gives you two options click the bottom option to update the db

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

yungchin

uniden home patrol scanner

oh i'm sorry friend, I thought I've been only on the thread that talks about uniden home patrol scanner! i'm sorry.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
oh i'm sorry friend, I thought I've been only on the thread that talks about uniden home patrol scanner! i'm sorry.

No worries. It is just that this thread is devoted to the 2.04.01 Update...and your posts have nothing to do with said update. But your thread is intact in the Texas forum where you can continue getting assistance there:
http://forums.radioreference.com/texas-radio-discussion-forum/269255-waco-tx-uniden-homepatrol-hp1.html
Thanks for understanding.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Now let's please get this thread back on topic of the 2.04.01 update.
Thanks
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.