HomePatrol-1 v2.04.01 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungchin

uniden home patrol scanner

well I gotta still figure out whats going on because i'm not too good at all setting up a scanner from p.c.

yungchin

I just wondering if this uniden home patrol scanner can be programmed from pc or not? because I have a hardtime trying to program the scanner from pc.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

beischel

Made my simulcast system reception a whole lot worse

I've just posted the latest update for the HomePatrol-1. This update does one thing:

Had hoped to release for the BCD396XT today, also, but running into a glitch with the new firmware updater.

To apply the update, simply launch Sentinel and tell it to "Update --> Update Firmware..."

The Cincinnati/Hamilton County system is Simulcast. It made reception a whole lot worse. In fact, I was hardly receiving anything when the new firmware was installed. Went back to previous version. At least I can receive most transmissions again.

beischel

True Dat!

I call it a problem when the scanner no longer works on one system, to fix an issue on another system.

I agree. Why does Uniden seem to have such issues with P25? I went through this stuff with the 996, now my Home Patrol. The two GRE scanners I have work flawlessly on P25 decodes on all systems.

I see Whistler bought the rights and patents to the GRE scanner brand back in September. I think Uniden should have maybe gone for the patents so they can finally get it right.

The new upgrade completely wiped out my HP's ability to receive the Cincinnati/Hamilton County system. Went back to previous firmware release. That is not an upgrade or even a fix.

JustLou

I agree. Why does Uniden seem to have such issues with P25? I went through this stuff with the 996, now my Home Patrol. The two GRE scanners I have work flawlessly on P25 decodes on all systems.

I see Whistler bought the rights and patents to the GRE scanner brand back in September. I think Uniden should have maybe gone for the patents so they can finally get it right.

The new upgrade completely wiped out my HP's ability to receive the Cincinnati/Hamilton County system. Went back to previous firmware release. That is not an upgrade or even a fix.

It's very disappointing that these issues were pointed out back in January 2013, and the only thing we've gotten in the last 10+ months from Uniden is silence.

beischel

It's very disappointing that these issues were pointed out back in January 2013, and the only thing we've gotten in the last 10+ months from Uniden is silence.

I wonder if now since Uniden has introduced new models, if we Home Patrol users are going to be abandoned and the firmware issues never fixed so the scanner will work properly. I cannot afford to buy yet another Uniden scanner that cannot properly receive my local P25 system.

lep

I updated to this release "because it was there." I guess I am just fortunate because both my 996XT AND my HP-1 receive my local P-25 700 MHz system loud and clear with no problem whatsoever. I see no difference between the pre-update and the post-update, they seem to me the same.
So, yes, I can "afford" (odd word choice) to buy a new Uniden scanner(s) and likely will next Spring.

JustLou

I wonder if now since Uniden has introduced new models, if we Home Patrol users are going to be abandoned and the firmware issues never fixed so the scanner will work properly. I cannot afford to buy yet another Uniden scanner that cannot properly receive my local P25 system.

I'd say since there's been no updates/fixes in almost a year, it's highly unlikely that any are coming in the future.

beischel

Well at least I can look forward to the Whistler scanners. This is the second Uniden that cannot receive the Cincinnati/Hamilton County P25 system properly so I won't be making a 3rd mistake on Uniden unless they can fix what they already have out there.

beischel

I'd say since there's been no updates/fixes in almost a year, it's highly unlikely that any are coming in the future.

Well too bad. The Home Patrol will be the last Uniden product I ever buy. Two Uniden scanners and neither one can pick up the local P25 system adequately without constant broken audio. It's not the system here as the GRE/RS scanners work perfectly, so it has to be something in the way Uniden tries to decode. I know the Unidens work for some people and not for others.

Looking forward to the new scanners from Whistler and anyone else.

tribby2001

Does HomePatrol's Sentinal run on Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)?

Or more clearly, on what versions of Microsoft Windows (...7,8,8.1 [32/64bit]) does HomePatrol Sentinal software run?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I have read in several places that it will run on all of the Window versions you have listed.

I know it works with WinXP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit as I have used Sentinel (old and new) myself on those versions of Windows.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Well too bad. The Home Patrol will be the last Uniden product I ever buy. Two Uniden scanners and neither one can pick up the local P25 system adequately without constant broken audio. It's not the system here as the GRE/RS scanners work perfectly, so it has to be something in the way Uniden tries to decode. I know the Unidens work for some people and not for others.
Looking forward to the new scanners from Whistler and anyone else.

We are all looking at new scanners coming out, but that has nothing to do with software updates for the HP-1. Does everybody in your area have the same problems with the HP-1, or maybe a trip to Uniden's repair shop can fine tune your unit?

Uniden only puts out fixes when there is something that needs to be fixed in the whole line. My HP-1 works just fine on the Montgomery Co (MD) simulcast system, and for DC's 800Mhz P25 system for fire/ems. I think that no new updates means they got everything right when they did the extreme updates.

I am not happy about spending another $500+ for a new Uniden scanner just to get Phase II capability, but that could be because I got a PSR-800 as soon as I heard GRE was losing the factory and got a good sale price, too.

JK :)

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Do you know if anyone else with Uniden scanners are having trouble with your local P25 system? This might help rule out a bad HP-1.

Have you tried different locations with your HP-1 to see if it made a difference?

As you mentioned this last update to the HP-1 helped some, hurt some and was no change for others.

For me it was no change, which was good as I was getting good decode on the P25 systems that I was monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.