HP-1: HomePatrol-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ASS

I have a question about the HP-1,I have 3 of them and love all of them,I just put one in my car and it suffers of low speaker audio,in the house of course it's equal to the others I have.I have tried at least 5 different speakers with no success.Should I try a amplified speaker and which one you recommend.Thank you,Bill / N1ASS(Ham Operator).73...........

Attachments

• DSCN1084.JPG
    DSCN1084.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 700

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
An amplified speaker is required for any device (scanner or non-scanner) when you want more volume out of an earphone/headphone jack. We sell BC23A, but any designed for headphone or line input should work.

Note: I do not reply to direct emails for support, since any answer would only help one person. If you want my reply, which is not always the best reply, post in a public forum. See link in sig for more.

dmg1969

Bill, another thing to know is using the Volume Offset in Sentinel (if that's what you use to program them). I have a low volume issue with the P25 system I monitor and someone told me about using the Volume Offset. It helped significantly. I was able to set only the TGIDs for the P25 system to +2. The low band and UHF frequencies I monitor were already plenty loud. Now the digital are on par with them.

N1ASS

I didn't know that a Volume Offset in Sentinel exist's,Thank you I'll go and check it out.Bill / N1ASS.73....

Bill, another thing to know is using the Volume Offset in Sentinel (if that's what you use to program them). I have a low volume issue with the P25 system I monitor and someone told me about using the Volume Offset. It helped significantly. I was able to set only the TGIDs for the P25 system to +2. The low band and UHF frequencies I monitor were already plenty loud. Now the digital are on par with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.