Homepatrol 2.05.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

mharris

Does anyone know if a fix for HP Firmware 2.05.03 is in the works? I reverted back to 2.03 after hearing ambulance traffic on a highway patrol talk group while using 2.05.03

Thanks!

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I hope not! Since downloading 2.05xx my HP-1 is preforming outstanding scanning APCO25. A major improvement!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if a fix for HP Firmware 2.05.03 is in the works? I reverted back to 2.03 after hearing ambulance traffic on a highway patrol talk group while using 2.05.03

Thanks!

Any chance this could have been a "normal" situation? The ambulance folks could have been told to switch to a highway patrol talkgroup for communications relating to an incident.

Alternatively a patch could have been established linking the ambulance and highway patrol talkgroups. Some times patches between talkgroups are not terminated at the conclusion of the incident/need due to dispatch center oversight.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Any chance this could have been a "normal" situation? The ambulance folks could have been told to switch to a highway patrol talkgroup for communications relating to an incident.

Alternatively a patch could have been established linking the ambulance and highway patrol talkgroups. Some times patches between talkgroups are not terminated at the conclusion of the incident/need due to dispatch center oversight.
If you read more on this thread, this is a known issue. On Ohio MARCS, and some others, there is a 3 + second hang time, if there is another transmission on the system it actually displays the incorrect TG info.

As Upman has stated, it will be corrected on with another firmware.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I hope not! Since downloading 2.05xx my HP-1 is preforming outstanding scanning APCO25. A major improvement!

Based on many other posts in this thread I'd say you are one of the very few experiencing better results after the firmware update but that's good and if they do release a 'fix' there is no reason you have to upgrade to it if you're happy with what you have now.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'd say you are one of the very few experiencing better results

Actually.. (a) people are much more apt to complain then to praise (meaning that you only ever hear from complainers, and most of the happy folk stay shut up); (2) the overwhelming majority of people with problems appear to be monitoring one or two (or at most a handful of) specific trunk systems in particular.

I'd wager real money that the majority of people are not having problems, and that it is a vocal few with genuine issues with either specific systems or a specific brand/configuration of system.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Actually.. (a) people are much more apt to complain then to praise (meaning that you only ever hear from complainers, and most of the happy folk stay shut up); (2) the overwhelming majority of people with problems appear to be monitoring one or two (or at most a handful of) specific trunk systems in particular.

I'd wager real money that the majority of people are not having problems, and that it is a vocal few with genuine issues with either specific systems or a specific brand/configuration of system.

True - but Ohio's MARCS is unusable with this version. Unless you like having a 5 second delay on every TG :)

As to audio wise or decode, I saw little difference between the 2. I only have the 2 trunk systems in my area.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

OK then well I stand corrected.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you read more on this thread, this is a known issue. On Ohio MARCS, and some others, there is a 3 + second hang time, if there is another transmission on the system it actually displays the incorrect TG info.

As Upman has stated, it will be corrected on with another firmware.

I did read the other associated posts. My thoughts were that a very specific set of conditions were mentioned - ambulances on highway patrol - there could be another explanation beside the firmware issue.

mharris

I did read the other associated posts. My thoughts were that a very specific set of conditions were mentioned - ambulances on highway patrol - there could be another explanation beside the firmware issue.

But not in this case. It's a known issue.

BobW55

I have noticed a good improvement on decoding P25. I get much less garbled speech.
It does seem to have a strange lag after a P25 transmission that I have not been able to see what may be the actual culprit.
Have noticed that the garbled speech is worse when I have a weak signal (PLEASE CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE SIGNAL STRENGTH BARS TO SOME OTHER COLOR THAN WHITE)
I use my HP-1 Mobile most of the time so it is hard to see what exactly is going on. I never hear the garbled stuff when hooked to my outdoor antenna.

This firmware DID make an improvement

jlally

Difference between firmware versions

What is the difference between firmware additions 2.05.03 and 2.06 for HP-1? Which version sounds best for Motorola P25 system?

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.