Homepatrol-2 - A Different Type of Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
I purchased the Homepatrol-1 when it first came out and added the extreme upgrade once it became available. I generally use it as a base station, but take it on road trips using a GPS.

I received my Homepatrol-2 today (the REAL Homepatrol-II from Uniden; not the "optimized" Homepatrol-1 that BearcatWarehouse was calling the "Homepatrol-2"). I appreciate the fact it is the same form factor and interface, and even more the USB charge function so that I don't need yet another wall wart. Glad that it also has the SMA connector so that my existing antennas fit without adapters and that it snaps into my mobile mount.

Updated Sentinel to the newly released v2.03 and it was recognized immediately. I then went to the Uniden registration site, registered and bought the extreme upgrade key at the reduced price! I let it start scanning and was immediately picking up talkgroups that I previously could not monitor since they had moved to APCO P25 Phase II. It works and sounds just as good as the Homepatrol-1.

What's my disappointment, then?? That I haven't had this sooner!!

BIG thumbs up to Uniden. Well played.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
Menu
Advanced Menu
Advanced Option
Register Advanced

Works like a charm. I was able to quickly validate which of the 43 tower sites for the regional system to monitor.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I'm disappointed I didn't get a HP-I three years ago. And I see people complaining about the audio but this thing is loud, I can't turn it all the way up. Some instructions on how to use the P25 settings would help though.

SCPD

QRT
really??

I'm disappointed I didn't get a HP-I three years ago. And I see people complaining about the audio but this thing is loud, I can't turn it all the way up. Some instructions on how to use the P25 settings would help though.

They made the hp2 louder?! The hp-1 is not loud at all compared to a 996xt or even a 436hp

Last edited:

lep

They made the hp2 louder?! The hp-1 is not loud at all compared to a 996xt or even a 436hp

My two HP-1EE are quite Loud, at least as loud as my 996XT and louder than my 436. I have not yet purchased at HP-2 because I have no real need for the features, I don't understand at all your comment, as it simply does not apply to the specific units I have here. Because of the way my scanners are mounted i tend to use external forward facing speakers, not to increase Loudness (yes, I know the difference between volume and Loudness) but to project the sound toward the listener.

Status
Not open for further replies.