Today on Uniden ftp site appeared the following files:
HomePatrol-2_S1_02_00.bin
HomePatrol-2_V1_04_00.bin

Attachments

• HP2.jpg
    HP2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,229

XTS3000

Even if a HP-2 came out next month, do you really think anyone would even think about buying one? With all the problems with their last 'failed' released x36HP's, I wouldn't even touch it with your 10' pole.

It's coming up on 8 months and even the small simple bugs haven't been fixed yet.

Still trying to squash the bugs in the HP-1. Last thing Uniden needs is another buggy scanner on the market. Let's hope Uniden isn't working on a HP-2, as that would take the single firmware coder away from fixing massive problems of their current customers scanners.

Boatanchor

Even if a HP-2 came out next month, do you really think anyone would even think about buying one? With all the problems with their last 'failed' released x36HP's, I wouldn't even touch it with your 10' pole.

It's coming up on 8 months and even the small simple bugs haven't been fixed yet.

Still trying to squash the bugs in the HP-1. Last thing Uniden needs is another buggy scanner on the market. Let's hope Uniden isn't working on a HP-2, as that would take the single firmware coder away from fixing massive problems of their current customers scanners.

^^^ Now this is someone displaying some common sense ^^^

There are still firmware issues with the XT and HP-1 series that have not been addressed by Uniden.

What hope is there then that the x36HP's will be fixed anytime soon?

Lets face it, the scanner department at Uniden is over stretched, severely under resourced and possibly even hampered by the fact that most of the hardware and software engineers are located in Japan, whilst the 'problem' target P25 systems are predominantly in the US.

n3617400

new fake firmware files on Uniden ftp site:
HomePatrol-3_BB_1_01_04.bin
HomePatrol-RS_1_03_07.bin
in fact it is archived firmware:
BCD536HP_V0_05_05.scn (!!! big fail - uncrypted BCD536HP firmware file)
BCD396XT_V1_08_03.scn
thanks Uniden.

ps. HP-2 coming soon :)

Attachments

• hp2.png
    hp2.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,713

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I'm all for Uniden working on the Home Patrol 2. There might not be a solution to the *36HP's problems. So why not work on a platform that was and still is a game changer. The technology in the Home Patrol 1 is basically used in a lot of our electronic devices. Touch screens with multicolor ! Increased the screen size, add few keys, BNC connector,and a bluetooth remote and of course ProScan with the database!!

VE3RADIO

I'm all for Uniden working on the Home Patrol 2. There might not be a solution to the *36HP's problems. So why not work on a platform that was and still is a game changer. The technology in the Home Patrol 1 is basically used in a lot of our electronic devices. Touch screens with multicolor ! Increased the screen size, add few keys, BNC connector,and a bluetooth remote and of course ProScan with the database!!

I sure hope not..

ratboy

Premium Subscriber

Will the new HP-2 actually be usable for VHF high listening, or will it be another train wreck?

dmg1969

Will the new HP-2 actually be usable for VHF high listening, or will it be another train wreck?

Ratboy, the HP-2 is not even confirmed. It was simply conjecture based on something that someone saw on the firmware download site. I would love to see an HP-2 that would do Phase 2 P25. In a few years, my state is likely dumping Open Sky in favor of it and I like the form factor of this style for vehicle mounting.

And bearcatrp...if you are so anti-Uniden, why don't you change your username and just hang out in the Radio Shack, Whister/GRE forums?

new fake firmware files on Uniden ftp site:
HomePatrol-3_BB_1_01_04.bin
HomePatrol-RS_1_03_07.bin
in fact it is archived firmware:
BCD536HP_V0_05_05.scn (!!! big fail - uncrypted BCD536HP firmware file)
BCD396XT_V1_08_03.scn
thanks Uniden.

ps. HP-2 coming soon :)

Whats the deal with the 996XT firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.