HomePatrol 2 Extreme questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4cks

First, purchased this scanner secondhand with the extreme upgrade installed it appears, but was not given the key. Registering on myUniden does not reveal a key either. How can I get it, or am I stuck and Uniden gets paid twice for one scanner?

Second question, i'm trying to do a trunking discovery and it will not let me start (greyed out). What's up with that? Can't find anything in manuals...

Thanks for the help...

Joe

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Once it is installed, you're good to go. I bought a 436 second hand, and it had the DMR upgrade. I don't need the key to access it.

marksmith

You don't need the key if it is already installed. (Activated)

What is greyed out? You need to be more specific, but if something is greyed out it might not have the extreme upgrade activated (installed). The extreme upgrade is present in all of them, it is just activated with the key.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

Last edited:

kd4cks

I can go thru all the setup for a discovery session, but start is greyed out. Also, I can do anything under analyze system. And Register Advanced is greyed out also, which I thought meant advanced was loaded(activated).

So why can't I start the discovery session?

And there's no way to lose the extreme function at all now that would require me to reenter the key?

Joe

marksmith

Correct. The only way to lose the extreme version once it is activated is to start the scanner in test mode (a combination of holding several buttons down at once) which you don't ever need to use and really provides no meaningful functions.

I have no answer for you on discovery if you have entered a system, named the discovery session, picked other options and start at the bottom is greyed out. Mine is not.

Mark

JamesO

Sadly the Extreme features and operation are not really documented that I am aware of.

For some of the features you have to choose systems for the process to execute and gather data.

Might search YouTube to see if you can locate any videos of someone working with the Extreme functions.

rwier

There is a PDF Manual Version 2.02 – Extreme Edition. I imagine Uniden still has it on their site. I tried to attach a zipped copy but it was too large.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Extreme Manual

Try this link;

<http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2_Extreme.pdf>

JamesO

DSC45, awesome link, never found this. Might just need to read up on the Extreme functions and see if I have missed anything.

kd4cks

As info, although I could not find this documented anywhere, batteries must be installed for the Discovery Mode to work. Thanks for the help folks!

kd4cks

As info, although I could not find this documented anywhere, batteries must be installed for the Discovery Mode to work. Thanks for the help folks!

marksmith

Definitely.

Anything that writes to the card must have batteries installed, even if you are using usb power.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.