HP-2: Homepatrol 2 problem

Siacono

My homepatrol 2 seems to have some issues. When placed with my buddy’s hp1 using same favorites list his is very active while mine rarely gets anything. It seems to me the trunking stopped working. Is there a way to reflash firmware before I just send in for repair

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My homepatrol 2 seems to have some issues. When placed with my buddy’s hp1 using same favorites list his is very active while mine rarely gets anything. It seems to me the trunking stopped working. Is there a way to reflash firmware before I just send in for repair
There have been no firmware updates for the HP-2, so re-flashing firmware is not an option.

If location control is active on your HP-2 (as well as his HP-1), make sure that your location and desired is correct, matching his.

Also verify that you have all the service types of interest enabled.

I would also suggest formatting the memory card and going through the 'clear user data' process, then reloading your Favorites lists. A high percentage of problems we see on the database scanners (both Uniden & Whistler) are because of issues with the cards.

You also could 'borrow' his card and see if your scanner operates as his has been doing when using the same card. That would also point to an issue with the card you are using.

Are both of you using the same antenna, and when comparing units, are they both at the same location?

Siacono

Units were in same room. Swapped antennas same results.
I did put in a new sd card but have not tried his card.
Both units had the same favs and services active

tvengr

Well Known Member
Were both units programmed using the same profile. There are settings in the profile, such as attenuator, which could make a difference.