HP-2: Homepatrol 2 unable to update

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboz

Premium Subscriber
In sentinel, my ESN is all XXXXXXXXXXXXX and unable to update, I am frustrated, otherwise its working great, but the update database/firmware is not updating, I reset user settings twice.

Thank you

mciupa

Do not use the green one. It is not for your model.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I use the green one, Iformatted the SD card and still no luck
The "green" Sentinel is only for the 436HP, 536H_. SDS100, and SDS200 scanners.

You need the "red" version of Sentinel, which Jim linked above:
If you need HomePatrol Sentinel, here is the link: HomePatrolSentinel < HomePatrol < TWiki

That's why you are seeing the 'all X's ESN'; the 'green' version of Sentinel does not recognize the scanner.

The correct version will recognize your HP-2, as well as capture the actual, correct, ESN.

You can export any Favorites lists you created in the 'green' software into *.hpe files, which than then be imported into the correct ('red') version.

aboz

Premium Subscriber
The "green" Sentinel is only for the 436HP, 536H_. SDS100, and SDS200 scanners.

You need the "red" version of Sentinel, which Jim linked above:

That's why you are seeing the 'all X's ESN'; the 'green' version of Sentinel does not recognize the scanner.

The correct version will recognize your HP-2, as well as capture the actual, correct, ESN.

You can export any Favorites lists you created in the 'green' software into *.hpe files, which than then be imported into the correct ('red') version.
Thank you, it worked, I feel like a idiot, I thought the green one was a default

tvengr

Well Known Member
Thank you, it worked, I feel like a idiot, I thought the green one was a default
Welcome to the crowd! You don't have a monopoly on making dumb mistakes. We have all been there. It is part of the learning process that we have all gone through. You will never catch up to the number of blunders that I have made, and I am still increasing my total. There is no such thing as a stupid question. If you don't understand something, we are here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.