HP-2: HomePatrol 2, Won't Power on.

dwayne0564

Hello,

I have a HP2, light is blinking green, won't power up, have changed the 4 batteries, any suggestions, won't power up with cord either.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
On mine it took something like 15 seconds of power button hold down...

It eventually died though.

Thanks
Joel

dwayne0564

Hello, Second posting, have a HP2, when batteries, in charging light will blink green, or sometimes red/yellow, just powers off after a bit, if you take the batteries out , and straight power cord, will blink green, or sometime not power up , and just blink green, even with no batteries in, have tried taking memory card out and back, new batteries, still same, anyone else had problems like this.

Ubbe

I had a similar problem and one of the battery cells dropped its voltage under load so that my HP-1 refused to power on but still indicated full charge. Take out the batteries and test individually in a battery tester, those costs something like $5 and tests all type of batteries under load. Or test each battery in another device like a flashlite.

/Ubbe

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Did you buy it used?
If so it might have an underpowered power supply.

Try getting a universal power supply with different tips and switchable voltage settings. 9 volt 500 mamp max 210Mamp min.
Sounds like a power supply problem. Do fresh alkaline batteries work? If new batteries work on their own.

If it is still under warranty then send it in to repair.

Guccisock5

Feed Provider
remove batteries and sd card, try again. mine used to do this all the time.

for some reason it stopped.