HomePatrol II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchleb32

I just recently bought a Home Patrol 2 for myself to be able to monitor the Romeoville Police Dept. I have the setting set on Will County, municipality and communities - Romeoville and there is two channels one for fire and one for police. I get their fire calls but have yet to heard one police interaction. Can anyone explain this and help me out?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just recently bought a Home Patrol 2 for myself to be able to monitor the Romeoville Police Dept. I have the setting set on Will County, municipality and communities - Romeoville and there is two channels one for fire and one for police. I get their fire calls but have yet to heard one police interaction. Can anyone explain this and help me out?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Database version--7/20/14

You need to update your database to reflect the recent changes to the system you are trying to monitor. Database updates are available for your scanner every Monday. The database in your scanner is over 2 years behind the times.

First... be certain you are using the latest version of the Sentinel Software on your computer:

HomePatrolSentinel < HomePatrol < TWiki

Then check page 6 of your owner's manual for update procedures for firmware and database updates:

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/HomePatrol2/HomePatrol-IIom.pdf

jchleb32

I have updated everything according to your post. I will see if I get any of their calls. If not what would be the next step in figuring this out?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have updated everything according to your post. I will see if I get any of their calls. If not what would be the next step in figuring this out?

Also... be sure the appropriate "service types" for the agencies you wish to monitor are enabled in the menu.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Romeoville PD is on Starcom tower 113-Will Co TG1991....There 159 VHF freqy is hardly ever used except for the PWorks is on there....There 156.165 is there new EMA freqy.....159.2325 is there FD freqy....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
PS: You can't rely on the "database" as there are many wrong freqys on there ....I have tried to update as much as i can for Will Co....

danzan77

not real sure but id try the full database to just see what you hear, make sure law talk and law tac
are selected keep it in range. I'm trying to figure out how to remove Canada or skip scanning it. also some of the other states.
I noticed if you select to much it says it will take to long to scan and prompts you to reduce range or services?

Status
Not open for further replies.