Homepatrol in New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedjjr

Anybody using the hp1 in the New Orleans area? I would like to pick up the Kenner police
Which is on the p25 system trucked. Is there a difference between homepatrol and
Homepatrol-1?

QwKiE

Homepatrol 1 is the Homepatrol scanner and I did look in the sentinel it does look like you would receive Kenner as part of Orleans Parrish

tedjjr

thanks, I download the sentinel program and couldn't found kenner PD only found kenner fire. Kenner PD is in Jefferson, did not found it listed in there or Orleans I could have over looked it but don't think so.. I like the homepatrol but before I spend $500 I would like to know if I can get what I want to hear.

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
Louisiana > Jefferson > Statewide > Louisiana Wireless Information Network > Jefferson Parish - City of Kenner

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
I'm picking them up with a 396XT. Kenner PD traffic is light compared to JPSO, however... but if you lock/hold on the Kenner Dispatch channel, you should hear reasonably steady traffic.

tedjjr

Ok I have been searching scanners online and the 396xt looks like a good scanner and the one
I might get. I was reading that it is hard to program but with the Internets help.I can do it.
Thanks for the info nx 2000

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. I've already built a reasonably elaborate config file for New Orleans, so if you get the XT, you can download mine and be well on your way to having your scanner work the way it should.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are going to stick with the Uniden DMA radios, the links in this wiki article will be a great help - especially the ones for the Easier to Read manual, at the bottom. Note that all links, both here and in the wiki, are blue...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

and just to bring this back on topic, there's a new Easier to Read manual for the Home Patrol - visit the Easier to Read homepage for that...

HTH...Mike

tedjjr

Sounds good nx_2000 I will let you know if I get the xt,
the file would be a big help
Thanks ka3jjz I will take a. Look at it

tedjjr

Good news is looks like my wife is giving me the 396xt for Xmas and my birthday
And the bad news was in the paper today saying that this area will be encrypting
Their channels. Hoping new radio works I have been wanting 1for years and now I'm get 1they go and make a change.
nx_2000 it would be great if I can get that config file for the New Orleans area, my email is tedjjr1963@yahoo.com

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
Here's a link: Greater New Orleans XT.996

Hopefully you'll get a couple weeks use out of your gift before encryption turns it into a brick.

You can open the config in FreeSCAN now and see what I've got. I do have a lot of channels other than law enforcement programmed in. Feel free to PM me with any specific issues. Future local questions would be best serviced in the Louisiana forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.