HomePatrol inactive sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustinn

There are multiple sites for a lot of the police agencies I'm monitoring on my HomePatrol 2. However, based on the zip code and range I select, some sites are automatically u
selected and deselected almost arbitrarily. Some sites are always left unmonitored (even if they're several miles closer to my zip code!), which means I can't listen to a lot of the agencies I want to listen to. Does anyone know how to get the HomePatrol to listen to certain sites? I've tried making a favorites list using only the sites I want to listen to but again the radio won't listen to any of the sites and shows them all inactive. So now I'm left hearing nothing on my favorites. If this is by design, this seems like a major afterthought.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Don't use your ZIP code, enter the actual GPS coordinates of your location.

Verify the GPS coordinates and service range of each site in your favorite list. Location Control works great if all the data is correct, but if the location data is wrong it won't work.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It would be helpful if you gave us the zip, the system and what sites you are trying to listen to.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Don't use your ZIP code, enter the actual GPS coordinates of your location.

Verify the GPS coordinates and service range of each site in your favorite list. Location Control works great if all the data is correct, but if the location data is wrong it won't work.

Don't use either on you favorite (if a fixed location) turn location OFF on your favorites.
. My guess it's a combination of location on, range setting and range setting for the sites.

If you create your favorite correctly it will load and and every site - even 1000 miles away.

As Mike said - where the heck are ya'? And what system or at least your state and county.

rustinn

Thanks for the responses! I am in Houston, Texas (zip code 77079) trying to listen in to Harris County Central Simulcast as well as Clodine. How do I turn off location?

rustinn

Ok so I figured out how to turn location control off. I'm still not able to listen to those sites unfortunately.

rustinn

I've also put in my exact GPS coordinates. I've changed range from 0 all the way to 25 miles. I've had squelch at 0 and 3. None of them have fixed the issue.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Then they are out of range. Location Control was probably correct to disable them.

rustinn

Then they are out of range. Location Control was probably correct to disable them.

I've listened to Clodine and Harris County Central Simulcast in the past without any problems from my location. I am absolutely convinced there's something that isn't set properly on this Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.