HomePatrol LCD screen messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I have been so busy with my 436HP and 536HP, with comparisons with my 396XT and 996XT, that I have not turned on my HP1 with Extreme in a couple of months. Last night I turned it on, and surprise, the LCD screen had a 1 inch black spot (star-shaped) up in left upper corner, 50% of the rest of the screen pure white, and the rest was very unclear. Obviously my LCD screen has crapped out. Anyone else ever experienced this problem with HP1. Scanner is about 2 years old, so I know the warranty is expired. Is this something Uniden can fix if I send it in. Any advice please.
Thank you
Steve AA6IO

JamesO

I have been so busy with my 436HP and 536HP, with comparisons with my 396XT and 996XT, that I have not turned on my HP1 with Extreme in a couple of months. Last night I turned it on, and surprise, the LCD screen had a 1 inch black spot (star-shaped) up in left upper corner, 50% of the rest of the screen pure white, and the rest was very unclear. Obviously my LCD screen has crapped out. Anyone else ever experienced this problem with HP1. Scanner is about 2 years old, so I know the warranty is expired. Is this something Uniden can fix if I send it in. Any advice please.
Thank you
Steve AA6IO

Sounds like the screen may have been damaged.

Check Uniden's web site for repair info. Most of their repairs are $45 flat rate, plus shipping both directions, usually comes to $70-$75 when all is said and done.

Or if you want to try yourself, see if you can find a display on ebay or a parts unit for cheap.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
JamesO
Now that you mention that, I see a dent in screen where black spot is. Don't know what happened. Will check Uniden repair site. Thank you

Steve AA6IO

Status
Not open for further replies.