Homepatrol manufacturers refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtranaut

In most cases, why was an HP-1 refurbished? Was there some initial predominant flaw that caused them to be recalled or not work as they should have - or is this just random return-warranty refurbishment? My reason for asking is that I see them by the 100s all over the place for sale, making me wonder just how reliable they are.

The average price seems to be 350.00 with a 90 day warranty while even used ones with no warranty sell for more. Naturally, some people just do not do their homework before bidding and pay too much and then, I have to wonder when I see these things priced at 799. (new) on EBAY! ???? whatupwiththat?

I have only had one audition from one of these and I was impressed with ALL but the audio quality bu then I guess most people use a small external speaker with them mobile or use their media aux input.

I just can't deal with one more plug n play cable in my car!

NUGEN

Premium Subscriber
Save yourself a headache and get a 436, it is forward compatible and gives you greater control over it with numbered keypad. While the HP1 screen is pretty durable to touch it is lcd and can break, especially moving around in a car. There is no clip for it like a GPS which I always thought would have worked well. The 436 has a belt clip you can mount on a visor or other areas of the car. Not to mention the clarity on the 436 sounds better then the Hp1 in my opinion

n5ims

Refurbs come from several causes and most are really "non-issues" to the folks that buy them after being refurbished. They all are items that are no longer in "new" condition but returned to that general condition prior to being sold as a "refurbished unit". The main difference is generally the box it is packaged in and the warranty.

Quite often they're from fairly common issues:
* Warranty returns (missing parts, scratches, unit DOA, etc.).
* Returns from stores or distributers but no longer in "new condition" (box opened for inspection for example).
* Unit damaged in shipping (perhaps a hole in the shipping container caused the boxes to get wet for example).

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Bought (2) two HP 1 units as re-furbs for in the 250 - 300 dollar range, and you would never know they were re-furbs. Like brand new in boxes with everything. Never had an issue with either one, not even a bad SD card, which they both included.

Looking forward to the 436 and 536 re-furbs. With all the problems they are having with these units, the re-furbs should be coming real soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.