HomePatrol Missing freq in STL

rjvalenta

Premium Subscriber
my busiest local ham repeater is the W0SRC 146.85 repeater... and while i've found the category on RR that holds it, and the corresponding category in the Uniden database... it's on RR, but not in the Uniden database. i did notice that it's flagged as 'data' for some reason.... is that why i'm not getting it on my HomePatrol? is there a way to get around this and add it?

thanks,

richard

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
i did notice that it's flagged as 'data' for some reason...
is there a way to get around this and add it?
Program it by hand, see here if unsure how.
If you've confirmed voice activity on a frequency ID'ed as mode "Data", you may want to submit a database update with applicable info (mode, tone, etc) then it should hopefully appear in Sentinel after subsequent Sentinel database update

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
my busiest local ham repeater is the W0SRC 146.85 repeater... and while i've found the category on RR that holds it, and the corresponding category in the Uniden database... it's on RR, but not in the Uniden database. i did notice that it's flagged as 'data' for some reason.... is that why i'm not getting it on my HomePatrol? is there a way to get around this and add it?

thanks,

richard
I'm pretty sure the 85 Monsanto machine does support one or more of the digital modes but I hear it using analog voice most of the time.
So while it may be used in a data mode, it should really be listed like the others as HAM I'd think.
I'm sure that's why it's not seen in Sentinel as Uniden omits modes their scanners cannot decode. Had it been listed as P25 or DMR etc., it would probably show up in Sentinel.
I'd do as @Whiskey3JMC suggested and confirm analog voice is still used and then do a submission to get the Mode corrected.
I did just hear a voice announce in analog with the repeaters call and the PL of 141.3 on 146.850.

I never noticed this one was not listed in Sentinel. I program most of the local repeaters manually and set them to Any or All for the audio type if they are mixed mode repeaters. This allows reception if they use DMR or P25. I guess it would allow NXDN also but I'm not sure if any amateur repeaters use NXDN.
I don't know what a modern Uniden does if it's set to Any for the audio type and it encounters D-Star of Fusion or some of the other more rare modes.

Edit: I see the 146.85 machine is now licensed to the Suburban Radio Club's call. I'm not sure it always was as it was always considered the Monsanto repeater for many years. Maybe it changed somewhere along the line back when Pfizer took over Monsanto and then The Bayer company today?