HomePatrol Opelika AL Trunking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldewitt

I have some general familiarity with scanners and bought my wife the Homepatrol so she could listen to the Opelika activity when I was not available to help her. I got it thinking the radio would be simple to use.

I have set up a Favorites list that includes Opelika, and also includes all the PD talk groups but none of the water, sewer, etc. I updated the firmware on the unit, and in addition, I updated the database from this site. In spite of this, no matter what I do, I cannot listen to Opelika, AL activities.

Although the Opelika Al system is in the Homepatrol, for whatever reason while I can access the talk groups, I cannot seem to access the frequencies.

Is there some trick to programming the Home Patrol for trunking? I thought this thing was supposed to be easy!

Tony DeWitt
AD0DQ

rwier

I have some general familiarity with scanners and bought my wife the Homepatrol so she could listen to the Opelika activity when I was not available to help her. I got it thinking the radio would be simple to use.

I have set up a Favorites list that includes Opelika, and also includes all the PD talk groups but none of the water, sewer, etc. I updated the firmware on the unit, and in addition, I updated the database from this site. In spite of this, no matter what I do, I cannot listen to Opelika, AL activities.

Although the Opelika Al system is in the Homepatrol, for whatever reason while I can access the talk groups, I cannot seem to access the frequencies.

Is there some trick to programming the Home Patrol for trunking? I thought this thing was supposed to be easy!

Tony DeWitt
AD0DQ

I created a quick and simple FL for Opelika appending Alabama/Lee/County Systems/Opelika to the new FL. Most of the time was spent determining the County ID (Lee).

"Talk Groups" have a specific definition, and (to me) are associated with a "Trunked System" (TRS). The Lee County Opelika System does not appear to be a Trunked System? If there is an actual TRS named Opelika, I can not find it (doesn't mean it doesn't exist). Does it have an official name other than Opelika?

I have attached a zipped hpe file containing the small FL to this response. Unzip and import it into Sentinel. Compare it to your FL.

Attachments

• Opelika test.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.