HomePatrol Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disp419

with the homepatrol i understand that the programming is uploaded when you enter your zip code
But if there's a particular trunking system that's not there can you manually enter it ?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually, the entire RadioReference database for Canada and the US is in the scanner all the time. Entering your location will cause the scanner to select from that database systems and channels that are within the defined geographic location. If there is a system that is not in RRDB, you can manually enter it using the provided Sentinel software or, if you have purchased the Extreme Upgrade, you can enter it from the scanner's front panel.

Disp419

I don't own yet but strongly
Considering one does it explain
How to download from the database
Through the sentinel software in the
Manual ? If not were do you get
This information ?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can download Sentinel and update it, now, even without having the scanner. WebHome < HomePatrol < TWiki

Once you install Sentinel, you simply select Update --> Update Master HPDB to update the database in Sentinel.

Disp419

UP man let me understand this once I download the sentinel software files
Into my PC I hit update database then once I buy the scanner hook it to
The PC down load into it then I just go back I the RR database down load
What ever I'm interested in hearing instead of the zip code method . Does
It put in the frequencys in the order that there down loaded ? Or do you
Have to creat a favorite list ?

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
You use Sentinel and download the database to your PC. Once you get a HP, you upload from Sentinel to the HP! You should update the database every few weeks, if it is important to have the latest info.

If you are interested in monitoring a few channels and nothing else, then no need for a favorites list. Once the database is in the HP, then turn it on, choose your zip code and then you can go to the menu screens and choose service type, you can then dig down further to lock out certain things you don't want to monitor. Once done, next time you turn it on it will be as you last used it. I have never built a favorites list for my HP...just pick a service and edit from there.

I do admit I don't know what will happen to your settings when you upgrade the database. I usually do that once a month or so...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The entire database is in the scanner all the time. You don't selectively download the database into the scanner (otherwise, you'd have to tote around a PC with you all the time if you were changing locations).

If you enter your location into the HP-1, it will select the channels in your area that match your location and service type selection (see How it Works: Location, Location, Location for a description of how the location selection works).

You can narrow or otherwise specify exactly what you want to hear by making a Favorites List and scanning from that (but even if you do, the entire dB is still in the scanner...you can just set it to be ignored). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECOUceSdVCo should help you in creating Favorites Lists.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Also, channels in Favorites Lists are not modified when you update the main database.

Disp419

Update : I just purchased one and I love it impressed with the receiver looking for a replacement
antenna get rid of the stock one don't have a roof antenna I've heard the telescoping ones are
good

Status
Not open for further replies.