Homepatrol question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbardwell

My HomePatrol digital scanner doesn't seem to pick up all our area law enforcement and fire agencies. I have loaded the frequencies provided thru Uniden - Gregg County, TX - but I do to get our sheriff's department, nor the DPS, nor much of our local PD. We get the fire page-out, but not the actual chatter between dispatch and the firemen.
I'm an old school analog scanner guy and this digital conversion has thrown me for a loop.
Has anymore got any suggestions on what I should do to get all the frequencies I need?
I appreciate your help.
Jim Bardwell, Gladewater, Tx

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have moved your post from the Uniden Tavern to the Tech Support Forum where it will hopefully get a better response.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
My HomePatrol digital scanner doesn't seem to pick up all our area law enforcement and fire agencies. I have loaded the frequencies provided thru Uniden - Gregg County, TX - but I do to get our sheriff's department, nor the DPS, nor much of our local PD. We get the fire page-out, but not the actual chatter between dispatch and the firemen.

I'm an old school analog scanner guy and this digital conversion has thrown me for a loop.

Has anymore got any suggestions on what I should do to get all the frequencies I need?

I appreciate your help.

Jim Bardwell, Gladewater, Tx

Not sure which scanner you're on, but if you're on the BCD436HP, try going into Menu>Select Service Types and make sure that you have the fire-tac, fire-talk and fire dispatch types set to on and for PD law-tac, law-talk and law dispatch. That was my issue when I first got my scanner, so it may help you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Well Jim....it could be several things. Do you have a decent antenna on the HP? The antenna supplied is adequate at best and looking at the Gregg Co DB a lot of your stuff is VHF and it isn't too good on those frequencies. Better at UHF and 800, a bit.
Have you entered all the service types into your scanner....such as law dispatch, law talk, fire dispatch, fire talk...
Have you entered your zip code and set the range accordingly? Haven't been that way in a bit, but if the sheriff is in Longview and your range is short, not going to work so well. Same for DPS,,,and btw, there is little left on the DPS channels that is very interesting Guess they are using their MDTs for most of the good stuff.
The HP is really the easiest of the digi scanners to use.,.,,set your zip code, set the range, select what you want to listen to and it does the rest...as long as the antenna works as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.