HP-1: Homepatrol Sentinel and profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

I have had an HP-1 for a number of years and am going to pull the trigger on an HP-2, I believe.

My question has to do with Sentinel and profiles. All of this time, I have been using the "preset" profile in Sentinel for programming my HP-1 because I never needed more than one profile. Now, since the HP-2 can do Phase 2, I will want to create a new profile for the HP-2.

I want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly.

I figured out how to create the new profile and understand that the Favorites Lists are the same across all profiles...it is just a matter of whether they are turned on or off in a given profile. So, I can add any systems that are Phase 2 to my Favorites Lists and just turn them off in the "HP-1" profile and on in the "HP-2" profile.

Then, I assume it is just a matter of opening Sentinel, clicking Open Profile and choosing the correct profile to write to the correct scanner?

Dave

rwier

I have had an HP-1 for a number of years and am going to pull the trigger on an HP-2, I believe.

My question has to do with Sentinel and profiles. All of this time, I have been using the "preset" profile in Sentinel for programming my HP-1 because I never needed more than one profile. Now, since the HP-2 can do Phase 2, I will want to create a new profile for the HP-2.

I want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly.

I figured out how to create the new profile and understand that the Favorites Lists are the same across all profiles...it is just a matter of whether they are turned on or off in a given profile. So, I can add any systems that are Phase 2 to my Favorites Lists and just turn them off in the "HP-1" profile and on in the "HP-2" profile.

Then, I assume it is just a matter of opening Sentinel, clicking Open Profile and choosing the correct profile to write to the correct scanner?

Dave

That's the way I understand it. Also, there are several other options in the "Edit Profile" menu that can distinguish each Profile.

marksmith

You have the jist of it. You can look over the other options on the profile tab to see what you can change for each radio.

Also note that all phase 2 systems have capability to transmit phase 1. If a Phase 1 radio associates, that talkgroup becomes phase 1, then reverts to phase 2 when radio is no longer associated.

I mention this because you can load a Phase 2 system to an HP1. You won't hear anything unless it goes to phase 1.

But it sounds like you understand the profile function. A lot of people get confused by it.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

phask

Premium Subscriber
OK, cool. I thought I had the basics correct. I just wanted to confirm. Thanks all.

You got it - one tip - add the name of your profile to the start up screen.

Base - living room
Base - Patio
Mobile

ETC ... That way if you either grab the wrong radio - or download the wong profile, you will know it.

I have one that is strictly mobile - set brightness on full, contrast a certain way and ,of course, which favorite lists go in it.

dmg1969

Hey phask. Yeah, I actually added a -1 and -2 after HomePatrol on the start screen, so it will say either

Welcome to
HomePatrol-1
or
Welcome to
Homepatrol-2

I actually surprised myself by thinking of it. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.