homepatrol takes long time to scan MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
Hey, i live in geneva on the lake and i mostly scan for ashtabula and all of geneva. on conventional (i think) and I also listen to the sheriffs on MARCS, heres the thing.... i am missing out on some of the radio talk on the conventional channels because as it scans through the MARCS system it sticks to it for about 15 seconds (i only have SO4 dispatch and car to car set on the marcs system on my scanner). so my conclusion is that, is it supposed to take a longer time to scan through the MARCS system then go to ashtabula frequencies such and GOLT and geneva?

Sorry im just getting into radios and im a newb

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Had the same issue when I first started with my HP. You need to avoid the Marc's sites that are not within a 30 or so mile area of Ashtabula. The best way to do that is thru the Sentinal program. If you look alittle bit you might find other post's on this subject that might assist you. There is a learning curve to this radio but once you get the hang of it I think you will enjoy.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Also, make sure you are only listening to the Ashtabula Co. MARCS sites and lock out the others all around the State. ....and make sure you are set to "Control Channel Only" on those Ashtabula sites.

Otherwise, the scanner will look for a control channel for each site which slows the scan speed considerable.

Hope this helps.

Bill L.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
what is the control channel? like the name of it frequency and what not. I do not have extreme so i cant manually put it in

EDIT-- ok this is what i have set for MARCS-- set to scan for ONLY Ashtabula county (04) --- ashtabula police(26544) --northwest ambulance district (21824) and the ems talk for northwest--- UHSS GENEVA(29584)--- village police dispatch(23120).. and tac--- ASHT CO Fire tac 1 and 2,3, fire disp. ACSO car to car and dis, TACx2--- Asht Co. statewide interop(avoided)

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
what is the control channel? like the name of it frequency and what not. I do not have extreme so i cant manually put it in

EDIT-- ok this is what i have set for MARCS-- set to scan for ONLY Ashtabula county (04) --- ashtabula police(26544) --northwest ambulance district (21824) and the ems talk for northwest--- UHSS GENEVA(29584)--- village police dispatch(23120).. and tac--- ASHT CO Fire tac 1 and 2,3, fire disp. ACSO car to car and dis, TACx2--- Asht Co. statewide interop(avoided)

IF you are just using it as a base and not mobile, create a favorite. Just have the closest site and it's control channels. Also just add / scan/ the talk groups for your area.

Example - if you use the entire database it will load Ohio Turnpike, ok if you want it, other wise don't.

- not giving directions on how to create / edit a favorite as there are numerous how to's -

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
thats all i'm searching on marcs is what i posted above and thats it. whats weird is when i set full data base to scan, it scans the full database than it does to scan just marcs and bula together ex. i can scan all of MARCS and MARCS-IP for lake county faster than i can scan just MARCS and Ashtbula co./geneva and geneva on the lake... I'm starting to think that maybe the update for the homepatrol might have a bug where when it scans just MARCS alone that it freezes and then thinks **hey no traffic lets change to another frequency**. What do you guys think? because i think its odd that it scanns faster when scanning all of MARCS and MARCS-IP than just a couple channels on just MARCS.

EDIT---- never-mind I see that it only takes 14 seconds when its scanning in favorites but when i avoid most of the channels and scan using the full database it scans the MARCS system very fast. I will look at other threads to see if this is a new glitch in the version or if its my sd card.. wish me luck!!

Last edited:

k8zgw

Control channel for your site

The tower is at 790 Austin Rd
The primary control channel is 773.55625.
The alternate control channel is 772.33125

Good luck

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.