HomePatrol vs. BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick0207

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
Just curious, I live in Ohio and want to monitor the OSHP which uses the all-digital MARCS system. Which is better at picking this up, or just as an overall scanner. I am kind of leaning toward the 996XT... Anyone have experience monitoring the MARCS in Ohio?

Thanks!

N8IAA

Hello All,
Just curious, I live in Ohio and want to monitor the OSHP which uses the all-digital MARCS system. Which is better at picking this up, or just as an overall scanner. I am kind of leaning toward the 996XT... Anyone have experience monitoring the MARCS in Ohio?

Thanks!
Have you asked in the Ohio state forum? Might get a better answer there:) My personal opinion would be the 996XT with FreeScan to program the radio.
Larry

SCPD

QRT
I have the homepatrol with extreme update and the 996t not xt and i really like the hp1. They are both great radios but i like the screen a whole lot better on the hp1 and the size is perfect for my desk

SCPD

QRT
Also forgot to add that the hp1 has longer system & id text tags. Honestly you cant go wrong with either radio.

McP

I don't have a answer for a OH specific question, but I do have both the HP1 and 996XT. As mentioned previous, both are excellent scanners. I've been using my HP1 much more now that I am used to it and if I could only have one, that is what I would pick.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
if you want to carry it around more take the HP-1, even though its larger its possible to put in a large jacket pocket. If you dont know how to program/travel north america lot. Then the HP-1 is better

The 996xt is a base/mobile unit.... and normally mounted so not as portable.

Also be sure to ask in the OHIO forum as youll get the people who monitor that system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.