HomePatrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Since i am Johnny come lately to this Homepatrol that my brother gave me, What are people replacing the stock antenna with these days on this thing?

Local police ems fire type listening. 155.700 area. The stock antenna just doesn't seem to cut it.

Thanks

mrkelso

Using it as a base. Can not put up an antenna outside or in an attic.

N8IAA

I've been using two different antennas on mine. One the Spectrum Force mobile antenna with a BNC connector, and a Hustler 2m mobile on a NMO mag mount with a BNC connector. The Spectrum for 800MHz stuff, and the Hustler for VHF.
Larry

dmg1969

I use mine mainly as a mobile on weekdays, but set it up in the house as my base on weekends (instead of the BC355N). I use an attic mounted Hustler MOR mobile antenna and it picks up just fine for what I listen to. I'm sure any decent mobile mount antenna like the Hustler, the SpectrumForce that Larry mentioned or even the Larsen Tri-Band would work for you. Let us know what you end up with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JTR604

You can check ebay and under search type in home patrol antennas, I have purchased a few that seem to work well.

AuntEnvy

Is that the only frequency you're concerned about? Is it close by, with good signal? Is it a repeater broadcast?

Anything is better than stock, unless it's a local trunked system with good signal. It doesn't appear to be your case.

First of all, you will need a SMA-BNC adapter unless you can find another/better antenna with the SMA connection on it. Aside from that, and aside from getting a mobile antenna to sit outside your window or something I recommend either the radio shack 800 model or the Diamond RH77CA (that is the BNC model) I believe they also offer a SMA model. If you still decide to go with a portable type you should probably also get a connector that pivots/right angle adapter. Otherwise it's going to stick straight out from the unit, horizontally, which will possibly degrade it's ability/defeat the purpose.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I recommend either the radio shack 800 model or the Diamond RH77CA (that is the BNC model) I believe they also offer a SMA model. If you still decide to go with a portable type you should probably also get a connector that pivots/right angle adapter.

Yes they make a sma version of the diamond.
Diamond® Antenna ~ SRH77CA Dualband HT Antenna
As for something that pivots that is why i posted two links in my previous post.Have a safe and Happy 4th everyone.

JTR604

Ok Home Patrol geeks, I have a real issue going on with my home patrol not wanting to update the sentinel. The strange thing is RR shows it's site as being updated with a number of talk groups but I can not download some of them.

dmg1969

Ok Home Patrol geeks, I have a real issue going on with my home patrol not wanting to update the sentinel. The strange thing is RR shows it's site as being updated with a number of talk groups but I can not download some of them.

JT...it's best to start your own thread if you are having a technical issue. Hijacking others' threads is frowned upon. Just an FYI. Are the new talk groups encrypted? If so, that's probably why. If not, start your own thread and we can work on it. Be sure to include your city and state and the name of the system you are encountering a problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.