HomePatrol1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PD47JD

Premium Subscriber
Notwithstanding a set up at home which would make the NSA green with envy, I use a simple HomePatrol1 in my car. (if it's stolen? So what me worry?) In any event for some no discernable reason it's reception on that device had diminished dramatically over the past week or so. Reside within the New Haven area and use a "Top Hat" UHF on the vehicle trunk. Worked like a charm until......
Do the HomePatrols "croak out" after a while?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Like every other electronic device, parts age, heat/cold cycles, stray static electricity, etc. Usually the mechanical stuff goes first but anything can happen
Try plugging a different antenna directly into the unit and try a reliable strong local signal such as NOAA WX , CMED, FM BCB radio, etc

chris

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Has TMobile lit up 5G (They use 600MHz) in the area recently?

PD47JD

Premium Subscriber
Great input. Thanx for the responses and I'll be sure to let you know how it works out.
BTW: No signal diminution on anything at the home location.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
FYI: Woodbridge FD Ch2 and Ch3 are not P25. Also in use by other agencies in town.
The information in the data base for Woodbridge FD is correct and confirmed by many people, you might want to take a look and update your data base, it might be old as the old fire ch3 is now Public Works

Status
Not open for further replies.