homepatroll 1 no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyb920

I have this scanner set up for wiscom with external ant, sometimes works ok and other times does not work i need help, i think its an ant issue, what should i do i live in a appartment complex! kewaunee county!!

JamesO

Original antenna on most scanners are junk.

If you are trying to monitor a 800 MHz system, I recommend the Radio Shack 800 MHz antenna, I use these all the time.

Take your scanner and go to a different location and see if the problem is borderline signal.

Also update the database and study how the system you are tying to monitor functions.

There could be a programming issue that is causing some issues as well?

How does NOAA Weather work on the radio?

Last edited:

I_am_Alpha1

Are you having reception problems with WISCOM or conventional? If it's WISCOM, check your firmware. I'm not familiar with your area, just checked the database. My HP-1 was working so-so with firmware 2.04 (more no than yes). I upgraded to version 2.05 and it made things worse--totally dead on P25 systems. I just downgraded to version 2.03 and it seems to be better--talking nearly constantly. One system is just down the road--but another is pretty far it the stock antenna is working just fine. Wouldn't hurt to try--it doesn't mess up your programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.