• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Honda Accord ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I may be getting a Honda Accord in the next year. I'm considering upgrading my 246T to either a 396D or 996T mobile scanner. I'm going to be traveling a lot, so the 996T would be really nice, but I don't see any possibilities of mounting it in the dash. Has anyone ever tried putting a radio in an Accord? Would I be better off getting the 396D for portability and just putting in a handheld mount somewhere under the radio? Thanks

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have a 2006 Accord and installed an Alinco dual bander in the cubby hole forward of the gear shift. I had to buy and use the remote head kit as the cubby was too shallow for the entire radio.

The 996 is too wide to fit this cubby.

You can try wedging the radio between the passenger seat and center console (if so equipped). While not elegant it should work pretty good.

I usually just use my 396 when taking this car. I also have a 2006 Odyssey van that has a BC796 with a remote kit on the top of the dash, but have to start thinking of putting a 996 due to the use of 700 MHz. in my area. With no remote kit in the foreseable future for the 996 I don't know what I am gonna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.