• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Honda Civic - running cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSDScanner

What's a good method for running RG58A/U in a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe? I'm mounting a mag-mount antenna and what I plan to do it slap it on my trunk then run the RG58 through the crevice, into the trunk and then through the back seats and into the front cup-holder area where my scanner is. Is this a good plan? Will running the cable this way affect my weather stripping on my trunk? Also, is there any way I could "hide" the cable away in the body panels and support it with clips? I am actually in an Automotive Electrical and Electronics class right now so I could also ask my instructor. I know about wiring harnesses and even working with wire and components but I don't have any experience actually removing body panels. Thanks. Thanks.

NCFire11

What I did, although it was time consuming, was run my coax under my back seats, under the carpet on the tranny hump, under the center console and shifter and to the back of the radio.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I never tried running coax this way but when I installed stereo/subs in my old Acura Integra (shares many parts with the Civic) I elected to run all the cables under the passenger side carpet against the right wall. With your passenger side door open, you can pry up the plastic kick-trim panel (underneath where the door is when closed) with a flat head screw-driver - it's held in place with metal clips. The back seat cushions should also be fairly easy to remove (a couple bolts IIRC). Once you've run the wires you simply push the trim panel down firmly so that the clips pop back into their holes.

I found this a lot less time consuming than taking apart extra pieces of the central dash board, and simply zip tied the cable-bundle to whatever I could find behind the dash (existing wiring harness, etc) while crossing it over from the passenger side kick panel (where the CPU is located behind the trim) to the center console, and that kept it completely out of the way. I elected to use the passenger side to avoid routing it around the pedals but I'm sure you could do either.

YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.