Honolulu Hawaii scanning info

Status
Not open for further replies.

talofa

Premium Subscriber
Aloha All,
I am new to scanning and am looking for a preprogrammed base and portable scanner. I would like to monitor HPD calls. Does anyone know about Honolulu freqs and such? I heard that the transmissions are cripted. Is monitoring possible? If you can help find a setup for me that will work in Honolulu, please let me know. Talofa@hawaii.rr.com
best regards
Rick

captclint

Mentor
Welcome to RR. Here are some links to get you started.:
Honolulu County
Hawaii Scanner Frequencies
Looks like The Hawaii State Sheriff's Dept., has migrated to a new 700 MHz Project 25 trunked digital radio system. Here is more info about the future, which appears to be all digital: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6834
I didn't see any specific reference to HPD. If they are encrypted, they can not be monitored.
Suggest you go to Hawaii Radio Discussion Forum to get more info on HPD and any move to digital, which will run $400-500 for a digital scanner. Once you decide if you need digital(or not), they can give you more advice on what works best in your area.

FYI...do not include your email address on any Web site, including this one. You will get lots of spam. There is a PM(private msg system) here that will send you a msg when someone has written to you. However, you have to enable that feature. Click on UserCP, and edit your options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.