Honolulu P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kca6720

Thanks for the heads up. How did you find out about the switch? Are you using an SDR? I got my Pro668 and did a wildcard search and it seems they are all encrypted. EMS dispatch seems to have a TG of 2400 when comparing to transmissions on my BCD 436 with the provoice option. Seems they have district and tac channels like HFD. I guess its the end of the road for monitoring C&C. Started with a BC 100 on the 155 mhz, then moved to a BC 760 when they switched to 800 mhz EDACS, had to endure the beeps until I got a Pro 94 that could track EDACS. Used a PSR800 with DSD for win on a netbook about a year after when they went to provoice. Still use that set up today.

Mmiyaki

I still hear EMS on the EDACS system. Are they simulcasting or something? I wonder if the transition will be delayed further with the covid situation.

himages

I still hear EMS on the EDACS system. Are they simulcasting or something? I wonder if the transition will be delayed further with the covid situation.
miyaki san....you are right....but I think after listening to them on my p7200 harris, I think they are "moving on" to p25.....dispatch sounds distorted.

WD433

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
When I was on Oahu and brought my Pro668 (with the new system programmed) and BCD436 (EDACS/Provoice), also noticed they were still using the old EDACS system on the interim (sort of) and noticed on the Pro668 with the wildcard on, the new system was also being used quite a bit and came up all encrypted as well.

Next time I come up, I'll try it on my SDR and see what details I can get from the system and send an update for the database.

himages

When I was on Oahu and brought my Pro668 (with the new system programmed) and BCD436 (EDACS/Provoice), also noticed they were still using the old EDACS system on the interim (sort of) and noticed on the Pro668 with the wildcard on, the new system was also being used quite a bit and came up all encrypted as well.

Next time I come up, I'll try it on my SDR and see what details I can get from the system and send an update for the database.
Same question to you....BCD 436....how do YOU like your radio? "pawaa" ambulance or emts svc is somewhat distorted in the beginning of the transmission and at the end, it cuts off abruptly....thats when I am on my harris p7200 with provoice. My problem for now is Hono Fire....I dont even hear them on my 7200.....when I owned (until it would not work one day) a harris p7100ip, I could hear HFD but it often went to CC Scan or WA Scan.... Do YOU hear HFD on provoice yet or nadas? that would help me ($$$$$) alot! maybe my 7200 has programming errors...

WD433

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Same question to you....BCD 436....how do YOU like your radio? "pawaa" ambulance or emts svc is somewhat distorted in the beginning of the transmission and at the end, it cuts off abruptly....thats when I am on my harris p7200 with provoice. My problem for now is Hono Fire....I dont even hear them on my 7200.....when I owned (until it would not work one day) a harris p7100ip, I could hear HFD but it often went to CC Scan or WA Scan.... Do YOU hear HFD on provoice yet or nadas? that would help me ($$$$$) alot! maybe my 7200 has programming errors...

BCD436HP is pretty good for what I do. Audio can be a little harsh, but it's something I got used to in the end.

When I was there, I didn't hear any HFD tone outs or district talk, all I got HPD and EMS/Ocean Safety that's really about it. Next time I come up, I do a run with SDRTrunk to get a detailed report of the sites and also see what I can pick up with the old system and new P25 system. I'll keep everyone posted.

himages

BCD436HP is pretty good for what I do. Audio can be a little harsh, but it's something I got used to in the end.

When I was there, I didn't hear any HFD tone outs or district talk, all I got HPD and EMS/Ocean Safety that's really about it. Next time I come up, I do a run with SDRTrunk to get a detailed report of the sites and also see what I can pick up with the old system and new P25 system. I'll keep everyone posted.
yeah....a guy that i met on ebay, he said that RR had a message that EMTs were about to bail out.....on my harris p7200, i can hear HPD clearly but the EMTs have chatter and distortion but you can still kinda understand what they are saying. As for HFD, nadas...nope...forget it! and that ebayer guided me to a reference note and yeah....they probably upgraded to p25 phase 2.....to upgrade my harris to that, $895 estimate from another ebay seller/programmer.

himages

from tomorrow Saturday til Monday.....Im gonna play it by ear and common sense during Douglas's arrival......i shoot for a paper but without HFD dipatches, I probably rely on either HPD or EMTs.

daflynhawn

Are there any scanners out there that can pickup and decode the P25 transmissions used by C&C of HNL? years ago I had an old RadioShack scanner that was able to monitor the old conventional system that they were on. A few years ago I got a Whitlser TX-1 and was able to monitor EMS and Water Safety but no HFD or HPD! Now dead silence!!!

Are there any scanners out there that can pickup and decode the P25 transmissions used by C&C of HNL? years ago I had an old RadioShack scanner that was able to monitor the old conventional system that they were on. A few years ago I got a Whitlser TX-1 and was able to monitor EMS and Water Safety but no HFD or HPD! Now dead silence!!!

Yes there are numerous available. Unless they go encrypted, you should be able to monitor with any P25 capable scanner such as your Whistler TRX-1 (nice scanner by the way). You would need to update the programming in it though to include the new system. I believe the TRX-1 also supports standard EDACS which would be the system they are moving away from and transitioning to the P25 phase II.

daflynhawn

Yes there are numerous available. Unless they go encrypted, you should be able to monitor with any P25 capable scanner such as your Whistler TRX-1 (nice scanner by the way). You would need to update the programming in it though to include the new system. I believe the TRX-1 also supports standard EDACS which would be the system they are moving away from and transitioning to the P25 phase II.

Thanks for the reply and vote of confidence. Now I just need to spend a whole lot of time (thank you covid) to figure out how to program the TSYS and TGRP into my TX-1. I know it wont be an easy task, but thanks again.

WD433

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply and vote of confidence. Now I just need to spend a whole lot of time (thank you covid) to figure out how to program the TSYS and TGRP into my TX-1. I know it wont be an easy task, but thanks again.

I can help with the Whistler TRX-1 programming.

I had a similar issue with Hawaii County System not decoding properly and finally figured out the issue and not picking up transmissions. I almost gave up but with a little time and effort, the TRX-1 was worth it in the end.

Message me and help with tips on getting it to work.

daflynhawn

Thanks WD433 for the offer to assist with programming my TX-1! Now I need to figure out how to "message" on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.