Hood County gone too 700mgz can any one confirm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo0706

Im getting hits on 769.756250 and 771.256250 they bounce back and forth between the 2 with just short burst on each before going back to scanning.. I programed in the 700mgz freq for hood county into there own bank and just scanned those. Even drove over to where the tower is and still got the same effect.. So I am guessing it is Encrypted..

jimbo0706

I have not noticed a change based on my somewhat casual scanner listening while I'm in my shack. Fire has been quite busy as usual, with traffic accidents and medical calls. All I could guess is that a move to 700 MHz might well be the result of all of the live feeds and resulting over-reaction or rumors on social media and in the newspaper. IMO the live feeds have a growing negative effect because of the number of listeners who don't understand what is being said or is actually happening. Folks who make the investment in a scanner typically have a better understanding of what they are listening to since they are more invested in the activity. And the feeds also make it cheap and easy for the bad guys to monitor while they do bad guy things, obviously. That alone makes me shake my head and wonder...

I am not blasting those who do feeds, sorry if that sounded that way. I'm simply speculating at what's happening in Granbury (if anything), as you are also inquiring about, since we both live here. I have used feeds now and then and they are quite useful especially listening to an incident outside one's local coverage, where friends or family live for example. But they are (again IMO) definitely a "double edged sword".

I will pay a little closer attention to HCSO traffic to see if it sounds like they are obviously handling some things on other frequencies or modes, now that you have piqued my curiosity. And they do use Spillman a fair bit, as you may have also inferred from the voice traffic, for any information such as close patrol, you know, more personal stuff. Since they know everyone is listening they do it on the laptop. At least they are considerate of Hood County residents', by not broadcasting that you (your address) are on vacation and they are making a close patrol to check your house!

Jerry

The fire has picked up for me so I might have just not been paying attiton. My scanner usually stays on 24/7 and still very little traffic for the SO.. I was told to program in the 700mgz listed here in Granbury only getting stuff on 2 of them but very active and very garbled on both..

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Is your 536 set to 3-line or 5-line display? I don't believe 3-line will show ENC (or P25, PT0, PT1, etc).

Last edited:

jimbo0706

Interesting, it should show ENC if it's encrypted then.

been Scanning the 700 for almost 2 days now with same effect even put them in a bank of there own and scanned them.. even drove to the SO office right under the tower and the tower location listed for the freq and scanned them with same effect.. So I'm not sure what's going on..

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
been Scanning the 700 for almost 2 days now with same effect even put them in a bank of there own and scanned them.. even drove to the SO office right under the tower and the tower location listed for the freq and scanned them with same effect.. So I'm not sure what's going on

I have just chatted up a deputy or two in the past when I see them around. You can just nicely tell them that you used to be able to pick them up on your old scanner but now it’s all quiet and ask what changed. A few may not have a clue but if it’s recent and they’ve been around a little they will know what the deal is.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
rattlerbb01 it looks like you are going to have to drive all the way up there and figure it out.
I had a cousin that lived just south of Granbury many years back, but really no reason to ever go that way now. Good luck with the quest!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've had the 700MHz frequencies programmed since they were first licensed. And, I've been checking for activity every time I've been in the county, or at least in range. But that's only every month or two. I have not been out there since the comments started of these being in use now.

My next trip out there, I'll dedicate one scanner for just those frequencies, set to record, and see what I find. Erath County has been licensed for several years on a couple of 800MHz frequencies, licensed as trunking. But periodic checks have found no activity on them.

nd5y

Erath County has been licensed for several years on a couple of 800MHz frequencies, licensed as trunking. But periodic checks have found no activity on them.
When I lived in MW (2005-2012) I never heard anything on those and never heard anything when I was in Stephenville several times.

jimbo0706

Well apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed very little traffic on SO freq.. was a post last night on one of the Hood County Facebook pages of people asking if they had changed Freq. and as of last night I have not picked anything up on the 700mgz not even garbeld hits..

jimbo0706

So reprogramed those 4 700mgz feq and did a digital code search in the 536hp and it keeps popping up with nac400h but does not make since when I program it in there is no nac400h as a option.. there is a mixed bag of traffic ranging from fire which is out in the open to ENC popping up with no voice traffic.. Any thoughts any one ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
When I lived in MW (2005-2012) I never heard anything on those and never heard anything when I was in Stephenville several times.

Same here. Nothing when in Stephenville, and nothing when at my friend's property in southeast Stephens County. It's on higher ground, and I can monitor multiple systems in adjacent counties, and beyond.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So reprogramed those 4 700mgz feq and did a digital code search in the 536hp and it keeps popping up with nac400h but does not make since when I program it in there is no nac400h as a option.. there is a mixed bag of traffic ranging from fire which is out in the open to ENC popping up with no voice traffic.. Any thoughts any one ?
You program the NAC as 400, The h you see on the display simply indicates hex, and is ignored when programming the channel.

When you are seeing the ENC tag, the scanner mutes the voice, so 'no audio' is played.

Status
Not open for further replies.