Hooking up a Pro 2026

Status
Not open for further replies.

skusner

I am very new to scanning and am awaiting a Pro 2026 to be delivered that I picked up for less than the shipping cost. I read somewhere that they were marketed as mobile but the only power is a wall transformer. Any ideas out there how to make it mobile or if it's even worth it? I figured the price was right with this and if I am interested enough I will spend the money on something better later.

Thanks

mciupa

You could use it mobile. Just plug an auto 12V DC adapter into the lighter socket. Not sure how you would secure it in your vehicle. You'll have to figure that one out. Look around for a mag-mount antenna and you should be able to hit the road.

Last edited:

methusaleh

I believe the OP has an original Realistic Patrolman 2026, which did indeed (at least with the one I owned) have a fixed (non-removable), flat, three-conductor power cord. The third lead (orange, IIRC) was for memory retention, since the scanner has no internal battery.

Is there a transformer in a black housing on the "wall plug" end of the cord? Does it indicate that the plug is indeed supplying about 12VDC? If so, I would say just cut it off and put the power connector of your choice on the end of the wire.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I am very new to scanning and am awaiting a Pro 2026 to be delivered that I picked up for less than the shipping cost. I read somewhere that they were marketed as mobile but the only power is a wall transformer. Any ideas out there how to make it mobile or if it's even worth it? I figured the price was right with this and if I am interested enough I will spend the money on something better later.

Thanks
According to the parts list I have for this radio, tha cable is available from RSU parts

part Number 11122827 for the CORD,DC POWER costs $6.89 plus shipping and is In Stock

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.