Hoosier National Forest Narrow or Wide Band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Does anyone know whether all or some of the Hoosier National Forest frequencies listed at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=769 are now narrowband? I was under the impression federal agencies were now all narrowband, but I haven't heard anything specific about the HNF

Thanks, David

They should be narrow band now... Are you hearing anything on them currently.
If it is the old ones they may still be wide band.

But many frequencies have changed, and as they were changed they also narrow banded.
So they maybe on completely new frequencies not listed.

pickles37

Yes, I hear them occasionally on channel 1 (usually through one of the repeaters). I currently have them programmed for wideband, and they come across at normal volume, which would indicate to me they are still wideband. I know that the forest fire people went narrowband around 2005, so I would assume the Fire Tac frequencies should be narrowband, although I wonder if they haven't reprogrammed their radios yet.

David

jerk

Yes, I hear them occasionally on channel 1 (usually through one of the repeaters). I currently have them programmed for wideband, and they come across at normal volume, which would indicate to me they are still wideband. I know that the forest fire people went narrowband around 2005, so I would assume the Fire Tac frequencies should be narrowband, although I wonder if they haven't reprogrammed their radios yet.

David
The land time forget... out of sight, out of mind
Plus the less mentioned the less oversight from bureaucrats and other annoying people.
I'm sure they have BK radiso that are capable of doing it, but we don't have the fire problems or land management issues other states have.

It would be worth doing a search to see what else pops up.

dispatch

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know whether all or some of the Hoosier National Forest frequencies listed at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=769 are now narrowband? I was under the impression federal agencies were now all narrowband, but I haven't heard anything specific about the HNF

Thanks, David

I can confirm all repeaters on the Hoosier National Forest have been switched from wideband to narrowband. This includes all handhelds and mobile radios. Communications remain analog but the Forest Service plans to switch to digital modulation at a future time.

I dispatch for the the Hoosier...

Dave

jerk

I can confirm all repeaters on the Hoosier National Forest have been switched from wideband to narrowband. This includes all handhelds and mobile radios. Communications remain analog but the Forest Service plans to switch to digital modulation at a future time.

I dispatch for the the Hoosier...

Dave

Cool, are you allowed to say... are they still all VHF?
I think I am too far out for reception, but maybe when I'm back at Springmill I'll do a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.