Hoosier SAFE-T Thread 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTO_04

I've had the same issue with other towers and TGs, even with Audio AGC enabled. I have found no real fix for it other than putting in volume offsets (via the menu or Freescan) which seems to help.

I have never had this issue with the GRE scanners.

GTO_04

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Heard an EMS unit on the 26 EMS DISPATCH talkgroup reporting back to dispatch regarding arrival at Evansville Deaconess Hospital last evening.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
HOSP SE DISP & HOSP SW DISP

Have a question regarding these two talkgroups...

24512, HOSP SE DISP, Southeast Zone Hospital Dispatch
16352, HOSP SW DISP, Southwest Zone Hospital Dispatch

In the past four months I've never heard the HOSP SW DISP talkgroup active in what should be the Southwest Zone area.

However HOSP SE DISP is relatively active on the Jasper SAFE-T site with both traffic for the local hospital (Memorial Hospital) as well as units from ISP District 45.

All traffic is similar to the old IHERN 155.3400 Mhz frequency.

Just curious if others in the Southwest Zone are observing the same, or if they hear the HOSP SW DISP talkgroup active???

Thanks

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I heard 26-37 (RID 23721) calling dispatch on SW MA CALL for a signal 27. In addition to the 26 designator the RID falls in the Gibson County range that I have ID'd before, so it sounds like they are using SAFE-T in at least some capacity.

N0BPM

Are Hancock County TG

Are the TG numbers in RR correct. I have not listened to my scanner since early summer when it worked fine. Now I hear know one. Someone suggested the RR TG numbers were wrong. ANyone know for sure?

Thanks
Greg

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Have you tried the OPEN Mode, Wildcard option, or TGRP ID Search function on your scanner - depending on what make/model you are using?

Dispatch2323

RR is correct. Did you adjust for re-banding? 5952 is Sheriff Dispatch and 5968 is Greenfield PD. Fire is still mainly on VHF.

N9AWO

Daviess County Safe-T ????

I don't see Daviess County listed for control frequencies. I see the talk groups. Can they be operating off surrounding county sites?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The site that is shown on the SAFE-T map as being in Daviess County is actually Shoals, in Martin County. So yes, they would be operating off surrounding sites.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Typically hear them on the Bramble, Petersburg, Shoals, and Edwardsport towers.

N9AWO

When I didn't see a site listed in Daviess County I was thinking that might be the case. Thanks for the info guys. Now I have more programming to do.

themadman364

Are the TG numbers in RR correct. I have not listened to my scanner since early summer when it worked fine. Now I hear know one. Someone suggested the RR TG numbers were wrong. ANyone know for sure?

Thanks
Greg

The database is correct, who suggested it was wrong?

One Word: REBANDING

You will need to program the correct rebanding into your scanner with the new control channels and the new band plan.

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

440 559 440 851.025000 25.000
0 719 0 851.012500 25.000
720 759 720 866.000000 25.000
815 831 815 867.000000 25.000
958 958 958 868.975000 25.000
961 1022 961 867.425000 25.000

chidd_88

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.32051/28.3692; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Would anyone have any clue as to what talkgroup 4080 is? I'm hearing it in Saint Joesph County on 853.0375 with a NAC 0A2. I've looked and its not ISP, Feds, or DNR. It may be from Michigan seeing I'm right on the border, but no luck yet. Any help is appreciated.

DiGiTaLD

Strange GRE Radio Behavior on SAFE-T

Preface: This started today. I have noticed it on both my PRO-2096 and my PSR-500. Both are using the correct rebanded trunking tables and have all of the latest available firmware updates loaded. Neither radio has ever done this before. Ever.

There seems to be something strange happening with the outbound control channel instructions and/or voice channels, at least on the Greenwood site. I say that because I have noticed the same thing happening on two separate radios. Both are GRE-built radios, but are different models. At least four times today, I've noticed that both my PRO-2096 and my PSR-500. The radio will hang on a voice channel for an indefinite period of time, looking as through it received a channel grant, but never went back to the control channel. As I type this, its happening. It is sitting on 41GPD-DSP, voice channel 854.4875, full RSSI, decoding no audio, and what's really perplexing is that UniTrunker is showing no channel grants on the site. No active voice channels. That's right. Yet, if another talkgroup comes up on the site while it's hanging like this, and happens to land on the same voice channel, it will pass audio for the other talkgroup while displaying the previous talkgroup that it was hanging on. Its almost like the voice channel never dropped from the previous talkgroup, yet the outbound control channel instructions don't indicate such.

I'm sure that in P25 digital voice (the voice channels, not the control channel), there is an embedded OSW that indicates end of transmission and/or the present talkgroup being monitored, as well as other channel grants on the site (this is what makes priority scan work on subscriber radios) and I don't believe the GRE scanners decode these commands, just the digital voice. That's why when another talkgroup pops up on a voice channel that just had a talkgroup on it that the radio was listening to, we will hear the other talkgroup, even through the radio looks as though its still receiving the previous talkgroup based on what is on the display. What I have noticed today seems to be the same condition on steroids. The voice channel repeater will actually continue to transmit P25 digital voice with no audio, all the while the OSWs on the control channel indicate that the voice channel is not active. The radio will just sit there listening to nothing for an indefinite period of time with full RSSI on the meter. It will even hang on sometimes after another talkgroup comes up on the voice channel and then ends its traffic. Most of the time, it drops like it is supposed to and the radio goes back to the control channel to listen for more OSWs. The times that it doesn't, its very annoying, because there are lots of talkgroups that I don't care to listen to, and I have never noticed this happen since I have been listening to the site since 2005.

This seems to be intermittent, and I haven't yet noticed if any one voice channel is affected more than the others. 854.4875 (LCN 139) seems to be the one I've noticed it the most on. I have yet to listen to any other sites to see if it is happening there. It may be the site messing up, or, who knows, maybe its intentional. It kind of reminds me when GE put the string of beeps on the end of EDACS channel grants so the scanner would just sit there and listen to beeps while the traffic was continuing on another voice channel, and as a result, the scanner listener would miss traffic. For a while, this foiled scanners trying to track a talkgroup as it cycled through the various voice channels. Then the subaudible data started getting decoded by the scanners, and the problem was solved.

Thoughts?

DiGiTaLD

854.4875 GREENW Site

Update on my above post: Voice channel 854.4875 at the Greenwood site is stuck in transmit. I put it into tune mode on the PSR-500 to verify. It passes traffic from whatever talkgroup needs to use it, but the transmitter never unkeys. This would explain why sometimes the scanners are hanging up on it.

wingmaker

Mone Site 08 on CC2 at 11:59am central, The alternate CC channel is 859.9625 not the 851.475 that it was assigned to be. I thought they did this when rebanding on that tower, but all is well I just switched and took out the other one and Im all good.

Edit... Back to the Normal CC by 12:15pm.... MOT Techs on doing stuff on TG MOT 1A and 6D so far around 1p

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Last edited:

bradyusi

Hendricks County

Hello,
Does anyone on the west side of Indianapolis have trouble receiving Hendricks County's simulcast system? I get Boone no problem, even Shelby County... but no Hendricks. I can pick Hendricks TG's up off the ISP tower and Boone Co. Towers. Anyone able to help. Let me know what info you need? I'm on a BCD996XT that has been rebanded.

W9NES

bradysi, I have a Uniden 796D that has been re banded that I use in my bedroom for over night coverage and I cannot get a contol chanel to lock up to hear the talkgroups for Morgan County thru the Hendricks Co. simucast system. Before the rebanding took place I was able to hear the control channel and Morgan County. Now I get very little signal and get nothing.Please feel free to send me a pm on how I can contact you and we can get together and exchange notes.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Does anyone on the west side of Indianapolis have trouble receiving Hendricks County's simulcast system?
I'm not on the west side of Indianapolis, but I am in Hendricks County. I'm receiving Hendricks County TGs from the Hendricks SAFE-T sites just fine with a Uniden BCD396XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.