Hoosier SAFE-T Thread 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASCAR2

Gibson Co SO and Princeton PD are still using their VHF HI Band today. In the past I'd hear them occasionally on Safe-T but most day to day ops are still on HI Band.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Nice, thanks man :)

Let us know if you feel confident about Mounds sharing with Summit Lake and we'll update the DB.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
An update. I now have 29 radios using TG1408. incloding 4 id'd as Mounds and 4 id'd as Summit. I'm thinking district not local tgs. Mounds/Summit in D4 and Brown/Harrison in D6.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I'm thinking you may be correct there. That would definitely make sense. Good call out.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
So:

1344 - DNR D6 Parks

1392 - DNR D5 Parks

1408 - DNR D4 Parks

10000 - DNR D2 Parks

10032 - DNR D1 Parks (Maybe not Pokagon full time on this one, but Potato Creek?)

10048 - DNR D3 Parks

17552 - DNR D9 Parks

And we would then be missing D7, 8, and 10.

W9NES

Good Morning to all. Talkgroup 1344 has been confirmed that it is being used at Abe Lincoln Lodge at Brown County State Park in Nashville,In . Radio Traffic was heard: Brown 30 to Brown 16 can you open the door to let me in.? Brown 2 to Abe Martin lodge. Posted Thursday 1-3-13 8:45 AM. Please add this talkgroup to the list of State Parks on PROJECT SAFE-T Thank You. Steve.

Last edited:

bamx2

Are these DNR districts or DHS districts, or are they the same?

Sent from my Galaxy S III on Tapatalk!

KD4YGG

Database Admin
So: .... And we would then be missing D7, 8, and 10.

In order to pin-point local areas/facilities to listen for...

IN DNR District 7 Counties:
Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Martin, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, Warrick

State Parks Include:
Harmonie State Park - New Harmony
Lincoln State Park - Lincoln City

+++++++++++++++++++

IN DNR District 8 Counties:
Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Lawrence, Orange, Perry, Scott, Washington

State Parks Include:
O'Bannon Woods State Park south of Corydon
Falls of The Ohio State Park near New Albany
Spring Mill State Park south of Bedford

+++++++++++++++++++

IN DNR District 10 Counties:
Jasper, Lake, Laporte, Newton, Porter, Pulaski, Starke

State Parks Include:
Tippecanoe River State Park near Winamac
Indiana Dunes State Park near Chesterton

theshellguy1

I get very little traffic on the 800. Most everyone has one but it is normally only used when VHF is out of range. This is mainly on the East side of the county. There are no timeframes or rules in place on directed use at this time that I know of.

ga82832bud

Premium Subscriber
Programming Question

I Live in Morgan county and I have the Morgan county site group selected and some Morgan County talk groups that I want on a few banks.
Now I would like to put Johnson county on some other banks, Can I use the same site group (Control & alt) freq as im using for Morgan county and just select Johnson County listed under the talk groups? Or do I have to change the site group to Johnson County ? Please help me understand how this works? You have site groups which have the control and alt freq for the different counties. Do you use the one closet to your location or does it matter? can we hear agency's in any county by selecting the talk groups. The talk groups list all the counties in Indiana and so does the site group. So Im a little lost on what we can pick up on our scanners.

Scanner : Radio Shack 2096
using win96 web import \ radio reference to program and it works very well.

Last edited:

KidClerk

Feed Provider
Don't forget Fish and Wildlife Areas:

Lasalle and Willow Slough in Newton Co.
Jasper-Pulaski and Winamac in Pulaski Co.

As well as others around the state. These would help confirm as well.

In order to pin-point local areas/facilities to listen for...

IN DNR District 7 Counties:
Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Martin, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, Warrick

State Parks Include:
Harmonie State Park - New Harmony
Lincoln State Park - Lincoln City

+++++++++++++++++++

IN DNR District 8 Counties:
Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Lawrence, Orange, Perry, Scott, Washington

State Parks Include:
O'Bannon Woods State Park south of Corydon
Falls of The Ohio State Park near New Albany
Spring Mill State Park south of Bedford

+++++++++++++++++++

IN DNR District 10 Counties:
Jasper, Lake, Laporte, Newton, Porter, Pulaski, Starke

State Parks Include:
Tippecanoe River State Park near Winamac
Indiana Dunes State Park near Chesterton

W9NES

Talkgroup 1344 is Brown County State Park. I heard Brown 15 calling Brown 2 about the Abe Martin Lodge and could they let him in the front door. They were also taking about a accident on State Road 46 in front of the Park.

powerlineman

Gibson County could have an awesome VHF system with the money they have spent on vehicular repeaters. They have never invested in infastructure.

wingmaker

Don't forget Fish and Wildlife Areas:

Lasalle and Willow Slough in Newton Co.
Jasper-Pulaski and Winamac in Pulaski Co.

As well as others around the state. These would help confirm as well.

Yes I agree, I hope that the State Fish & Wildlife Area's would also get there own talkgroups:)

I know Ive heard Willow Slough on DNR General and DNR Fish & Wildlife Talkgroups also Jasper-Pulaski on DNR General before, but I still hope all of them get there own talkgroups, so I can monitor the exact Talkgroups for specific State Fish and Wildlife Areas and State Parks that I want to hear, so that instead when I monitor, I dont have to hear others parks and wildlife areas that I dont care to listen to. That is the biggest reason I want each to have there own talkgroups:) Just my thoughts.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Last edited:

wingmaker

I Live in Morgan county and I have the Morgan county site group selected and some Morgan County talk groups that I want on a few banks.
Now I would like to put Johnson county on some other banks, Can I use the same site group (Control & alt) freq as im using for Morgan county and just select Johnson County listed under the talk groups? Or do I have to change the site group to Johnson County ? Please help me understand how this works? You have site groups which have the control and alt freq for the different counties. Do you use the one closet to your location or does it matter? can we hear agency's in any county by selecting the talk groups. The talk groups list all the counties in Indiana and so does the site group. So Im a little lost on what we can pick up on our scanners.

Scanner : Radio Shack 2096
using win96 web import \ radio reference to program and it works very well.

I will answer you by telling you what Ive expierenced, on my counties site Ive seen the county to the North, the South and East, so you can monitor other Counties Talkgroups from your Counties Site, but you are not for sure going to get there Talkgroups on your county site every time they Use them.

If you really want to monitor the surrounding counties, I would suggest, You put in the Controls Channels for the Sites in the Counties you want to monitor, considering that they are in your range and you can Decode the Control Channel fairly well:)

Hope this Helps you:) LOVE AND BLESSINGS

scannerfreak

Database Admin
So:
10000 - DNR D2 Parks

10032 - DNR D1 Parks (Maybe not Pokagon full time on this one, but Potato Creek?)

Looks like we had D1 and D2 mixed up. Have reports that Ouabache was also being heard on 10032. That is in Wells County which is D2.

Indiana16

Gibson County Sheriff and Princeton Fire Territory have Motorola Dual Band APX radios. I would assume they use both frequencies. I heard they might transition to 800 as primary sometime in the near future but I am sure they will continue to use both.

Sleepyowl

Sanning North

Grettings from Lake Wawasee, I am new to the forum and have a few questions. My scanning knowledge of trunking is about a five on a ten scale, jsut enough to get by. I have a PRP-106 and program it with ARC500 software: My set up currently is as follows:

Conventional scanning = Elkhart and Kosciusko Counties

Trunking = Noble county and ISP District 21 and District 22

I have three tower sites in the program which are Ligonier, Elkhart, and North Webster. Note; I am about 10 miles south of Ligonier and 6 miles north of the North Webster tower.

My questions are : Is it OK to have e multiple tower sites programmed in ?
What if you have duplicate sites programmed in ?
Are talk groups assigned specfic Tower sites ?
When I go back and add a talk group ARC asks me to assign a site even though I have some already prograammed in. this is how I got some duplcates.
So does this set up sound remotely correct, I get Noble county trunked very well I think. Some ISP 21 and have not heard much if any ISP 22.

Any feedback is so greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.